Tuesday, April 2, 2024

In the Garden

 In the Garden
Today the weather is nice, and I am in the garden. This time of year, the chores feel overwhelming, but soon they will transform the garden into a wonderous outdoor space.

In the Garden
I checked on the winter sowing. Out of five milk jugs, only one has come up. It was the lavender. I will baby it and see how it does.

In the Garden
I have some old garden fencing I am going to do a project with today, so I have it ready.

In the Garden
One of the first chores I tackle each spring is washing the outdoor furniture. This is a black steel painted furniture set, and it gets dull and dirty from being in the sun each year. 

In the Garden
So I am going to get out the turtle wax and fix that with a nice clean-up.

In the Garden
I add one ounce of the solution to a clean bucket of water, soap up a rag, and scrub the furniture all over. 

In the Garden
When rinsing the furniture, you can already see it has worked; the water is beading up just like it should.

In the Garden
While the furniture is drying, I am making something out of this old garden fencing.

In the Garden
The furniture is now dry, and you can see a sheen on the surface that not only looks better but also protects the paint.

In the Garden
My last job will be to thin and pinch these snapdragons. I love snapdragons. This year, I am growing the rocket variety.

In the Garden
I have made a rustic garden cloche out of the garden fencing. I saw this on YouTube. I really like how it turned out.

In the Garden
Time for a tea break. Have you gotten into the garden yet?

In Victory,
Sherry

2 comments:

Bernideen said...

Our house faces south which is the best for vegetables. Last year I planted some tomatoes and lettuce in with the flowers and will do so again! I wish the backyard were south where I could have a real veg garden but I don't. I loved your post.

Bernideen said...

I have definitely been in my garden but yesterday and today it turned back to cold! Hopefully, not forever!