Monday, October 16, 2023

Cottage Corner

Cottage Corner

I have been working on a cozy corner in my house for taking photos. Now that it is fall and the weather is getting cooler, I turn my attention inward to the condition of the house. We will be inside for long hours during this season and I will try to make it cozy and pleasant to live in.

Cottage Corner
I used a black transferware pattern today with its harvest theme and this little chintz teacup went with it rather nicely. The teapot is a Brown Betty teapot, but it almost looks black as pictured here.

Cottage Corner Tea

Harvest Transferware
The garden is all but put to sleep now and I have left just a few pretty flowers. I gather herbs occasionally for cooking and the sleepy pattern of fall comes over the homestead where every green thing will soon disappear and give way to the frosty mornings and really chilly air. Coziness is the order of the days ahead. What do you do to make your home cozy for winter?

Gathering Herbs
In Victory,
Sherry

5 comments:

Mrs. White said...

Your pictures of home are beautiful and inspiring. God bless you!

Catherine said...

I change the decoration, curtains , cushions and add blankets to read by the fire and I cook and bake.

Mama to 12, so far said...

That is a lovely idea and a lovely corner! Thank you for sharing it.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

The dishes are gorgeous! I love that color. I love to change out decorations, pillows/blankets, stock up on good tea, look at baking recipes, start taping holiday movies. All the cozy things! :)

Because He Lives! said...

Beautiful pictures! The little table is perfect. I like your teacup & plate :) I love to decorate my home for the seasons. I don't tend to go all out for our budget doesn't allow it I will do fresh flowers from the market, candlelight, cozy throws & pillows on the sofa, playing autumn instrumental music. Also, can't forget the apple spice tea :)