Friday, October 13, 2023

A Time For Everything

 Tis the Season Tea

Just like Squirrel Nutkin, I have been gathering food, and I am now making the fruit into jams for the winter. I like to freeze my fruit and can it when the kitchen doesn't get so hot. 

Tis the Season Tea

I have been trying to bake different biscuit recipes and find some new flavors to put on the menu for fall and winter meals. This biscuit was a chocolate chip biscuit, but I won't share the recipe. It was okay, but not a favorite. Do you change up your menu for the seasons and try out new flavors?


We took a nature hike this weekend and saw some wildlife. 

The leaves are just starting to turn, and some of the colors were very pretty.
When we came home, we stopped at a farm stand by an orchard and got some apple cider, and the kids love apple cider. I will bake with that next week.
In Victory,
Sherry

2 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I do make my menus based on the seasonal produce that is available. I don't bake but I do make lots of seasonal soup recipes. This time of the year I make butternut squash soup, lentil soup, and vegetable soup. It's so nice to make things to put away for the winter such as your fruit jams.

Mama to 12, so far said...

That is one way to keep the house warmer in the winter. Putting up food from summer/fall. I also do my menu based on the season. I enjoy filling tummies with warm meals and baked goods of the seasons.