Monday, September 11, 2023

Instant Pot Beef Stew and Biscuits From Scratch

 Instant Pot Beef Stew

The days are getting shorter and cooler here, so the menu is slowly changing from the bright tastes of summer to more hearty and savory selections. I recently made biscuits from scratch and my favorite beef stew recipe.

Biscuits from scratch
I use the biscuit recipe from Jill Winger's The Prairie Homestead Cookbook. It is one of my favorite cookbooks. You can find the recipe here: Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe. I use all-purpose flour and regular sugar and they turn out great everytime.

Biscuits From Scratch
Sometimes I serve my stew on biscuits, and sometimes I put it in a bowl and serve the biscuits on the side. 

Beef Stew and Biscuits From Scratch
The beef stew recipe is made so easy by putting it in the Instant Pot!  I make the stew just as the recipe is written, and it is always perfect. I tried many recipes for this dish, and when I found this one, I quit looking; it was everything I wanted in a delicious beef stew. Do you search for the best recipe for your favorite dish, and then when you find it, you quit looking? I have done that with several recipes. You can find this recipe here: Instant Pot Beef Stew.

In Victory,
Sherry


1 comment:

Bernideen said...

This looks delicious. We love biscuits and sausage gravy and make it often. Yummy food here!