Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Making Your Home Smell Like Fall

Making Your Home Smell Like Fall: The Charm of Home
Here is a great way to bring some natural aromatherapy to your home for fall.  This smelled so good, everyone came into the kitchen and had to ask what I was baking! 

Ingredients:
peels of 1 orange
peels of 1 apple
few cinnamon sticks
1 tablespoon whole cloves
few drops of vanilla extract
I also added the essential oil:
few drops of cinnamon bark
few drops of orange

The essential oils actually gave this brew it's most powerful punch.  I was really pleased with how wonderful they smelled!  I added this all to a large sauce pan 3/4's of the way full of water and let it simmer all afternoon at low on the stove top. This made the whole house warm and cozy for the evening.  Try it for fall and enjoy the lift it gives your home.

Sherry


I will link this to:

Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm
Homemaking Linkup at Hope In Every Season 
Tickle My Taste Buds Tuesdays at Lori's Culinary Creations
Weekend Retreat Linky Party at AKA Design and Life
Foodie Friends Friday at Walking on Sunshine
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen  
Sunday's Down Under at Natasha in Oz   

13 comments:

Mimi said...

Sherry, what a gorgeous idea. I'm breathing cinnamon and apple as I type. Divine! Mimi xxx

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Les odeurs de doux mélange arrivent jusque là !!... sourire.
Merci pour la recette.

Gros bisous ♡

handmade by amalia said...

I can almost smell it and it does smell divine :-)
Amalia
xo

Betty said...

Thanks for sharing. I can smell that right now.

quakerhillfarm said...

Sherry, This sounds heavenly! I love scents so this is defintely a must try! Thanks for sharing! Have a great week, Lynn

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh, that's a great idea. I bet it smells amazing. I have all the ingredients!

Maria Andrade said...

I loved this recipe for making home smell like Fall! I'll try it one of these days! Thanks for sharing!
Maria A.

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Mmmmm... I love the smell of fall simmering! Thanks for reminding me to do this. Hope you have a wonderful fall season!

Blessings always, Edie Marie

Mary K. said...

I can smell it all the way over here.

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

I'm hosting a small party this weekend and would love to try this! Such a welcoming scent and it doesn't require any fancy ingredients. Thanks for sharing and for your visit this week as it brought me to your wonderful blog! Looking forward to being a follower.
Take care,
Nora

Lou Lou Girls said...

I love this! Pinned and tweeted. We love partying with you and we appreciate you stopping by! Please take a minute to stop by next week, so we can pin and tweet your new creation. The party starts on Monday at 7 pm! Have a great Monday! Lou Lou Girls

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Sherry, Thanks so much for sharing this week at Simple & Sweet Fridays. You always have such great ideas!!
I'll be featuring you this week. Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Jody

Mustlovehome said...

Hello Gorgeous!! This is fantastic! You have been Pinned,Tweeted and shared on Facebook! Your post will be featured this week at the Friday Favorites Link Party at Mustlovehome.com. Come by the party tonight, doors open at 7PM, and see your feature and share another of your favorite posts! Hugs - Christine at Must Love Home