Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall Tea Tray

I'm diving right into fall decorating and I can't help but think about it in new and fresh ways; like the mix of black, white, and green. 

I have a little tea tray that could easily be carted outside today to enjoy this crisper fall weather.

But, I can never resist adding something vintage in the mix.  Here I have found, at a local used book store, a copy of Famous Ghost Stories.

The illustrations in this book are wonderful!  It will definitely give me a chill if the weather doesn't!

 Is it starting to feel like fall in your area today? 

 Sherry
 I will link this to:
 Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tea Cup Tuesday at Artful Affirmations
Table Top Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Autumn Link Party at The Lettered Cottage
White Wednesday at Faded Charm 
Tuesday Cuppa Tea  at Antiques and Teacups

16 comments:

Peggie said...

I've followed your blog for a while and really enjoy it.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I do wish one picture showed the whole tray with the book - sort of a step back and consider picture. I've noticed there is a decided trend to up-close shots which give much needed detail. But I am design-challenged and would like to see the whole "scene". Thanks.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So charming for fall...and such lovely photos, too!

The Charm of Home said...

I threw that last pic in for you Peggie. I always take a pic of the whole scene, but get much too distracted in editing with my close-ups! LOL
Thanks for pointing out it was missing.
Sherry

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very pretty Sherry!

Antiques And Teacups said...

I love your fall tea tray! That's what's nice with white ironstone...it can be so versatile! Love the bittersweet (?) berries. A wonderful seasonal look.
Ruth

Cynthia said...

Love these pictures. Such nice touches for fall.

Cynthia

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Sherry, love your tea tray!! Everything looks so pretty!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Wonderful tray, Sherry! Love the white, black, and green theme going on here! You can't go wrong with white. Very charming! Thanks for joining me for tea and enjoy your week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

I love white dishes!! Your tea tray is beautiful,Sherry.

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Very pretty! Love the colors!

Gail said...

So pretty Sherry!

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

I loved my visit this evening. I am doing fall too! Love it! Love it!
You choice of fall with black is perfect. And your tray and lovely dishes, and that wonderful book. Couldn't be better.

cindy@stitches

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Very pretty! I love the combination of the black and white with a touch of orange! So lovely!

Terri said...

Your Fall themed tea tray is lovely! I especially like the orange touch with the foliage! I haven't begun any fall decorating yet. But thinking about it...
The book looks fab! Those are wonderful illustrations! I love collecting books like this too.
Hugs,
Terri

Helen's Decor said...

Sherry, thanks for hosting us again and again. I'm loving your tea tray and the black and white check is perfect for the season of ORANGE! Thanks again, Helen

Kathy said...

Hello Sherry, This is quite lovely! I love all the new ways to decorate for fall! Expanding our imaginations! This is gorgeous and you know I love the vintage book! I appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy