Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Top Projects of 2010


I am joining Rhoda at Southern Hospitality  for her Top Projects 2010 post.  I didn't do a lot of furniture makeovers.  I hope to do more of them in 2011 but, I did a few and I will highlight them here.

The biggest changes I have made to my house has been the makeover of furniture I already owned, to fit the space I had gained, after a major remodel.  I took this little white chest and stripped it to make it look more grown up in my "new to me " dining room.

Here it is in it's natural pine.

 Next, I had a little tile top cottage style table that was out-of-date.  

 I removed the tile top and added two pine planks from Lowes.

 Then, I stained it and finished it with boiled linseed oil (same thing Boos Block uses on their cutting boards).  It has been waterproof and holds up well to the activity in our house.
Last, I blogged at this desk and it had seen better days.

I printed some images off of Vintage Printable and Mod Podged them to the top of my desk after I sanded it.  It has made a durable surface for a desk top and saved my desk from being so homely.

I completed the work space with a new bulletin board, desk organizer, and pillow.
I will also join:
Boring to Better Party at Savvy Southern Style.
Hop over and check it out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherry I enjoyed seeing your project review and all the inspiration!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great makeovers, Sherry. The top of that desk is amazing. Happy New Year!

Savannah Granny said...

Love the table redo and your desk redo is awesome. Can't wail til next year. I am glad I met you this year, Hugs, Ginger

Shine said...

Amazing makeovers!!! Makes me want to go tackle something! LOVE your pine table....gorgeous! Thanks a bunch for stopping by my place:) Have a lovely evening. Blessings~Shine