Thursday, August 12, 2010

Key Lime Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce

Here is one more summer dessert.  Cheesecake is always a favorite.  And a key lime cheesecake has the flavors of summer as well as being cool and delicious.  The recipe source for this recipe was Southern Living.

Ingredients:
2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter melted
3 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese softened
1-1/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 (8 oz. sour cream)
1-1/2 tsp. grated lime rind
1/2 cup key lime juice
Garnishes: strawberries, lime slices,  and strawberry sauce
Strawberry sauce I use: recipe here.

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Stir together first three ingredients and firmly press on bottom and one inch up the sides of a greased 9 inch springform pan.  
  3. Bake this at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.  Cool.
  4. Turn oven to 325 degrees.
  5. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy, gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating until blended.
  6. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  7. Stir in sour cream, rind, and juice.
  8. Pour batter into crust.
  9. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes, turn oven off, partially open oven door, let stand 15 minutes.
  10. Remove from oven and immediately run a knife around edge of pan, releasing sides.
  11. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
  12. Cover and chill 8 hours and garnish.
 Serves: 10-12

Sherry


18 comments:

arab video said...

ummmmm
thanks

Beth said...

Sherry, Your cheesecake looks and sounds delightful! Beautiful photography too, Sherry.

Rachel said...

I love lime and strawberries!
I am drooling on my keyboard!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Sherry, I love key lime cheesecake but I've never had it with a strawberry twist. This looks as good as it sounds! Bookmarking now!

Nancy

bj said...

ummm.this looks amazing.

Red Couch Recipes said...

You are really speaking my language with this Key Lime cheesecake! Love key limes but haven't had a cheesecake made with one...yum...sounds great with strawberry sauce! Joni

Simply Bungalow said...

Cheesecake looks yummy!

Shirley said...

Oh, that cheesecake look delicious!! I've never had lime cheesecake. I'll try it!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh this looks and sounds sooooooooooo good. I love your receipe. This is one I will definitely make. I also love your tablescape in the last post. Just gorgeous.
Thanks so much for stopping by and your sweet birthday wishes. I really do appreciate it. Roosters are a good way to spend part of our birthday money don't you think? lol Can't wait to see yours. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Oh, YUM...this looks DEVINE!!

Blessings!
Gail

Mimi said...

Key lime sounds like a very refreshing cheese cake.
Mimi

My Slice of Heaven said...

This looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful desert. Key lime pie is my favorite, the strawberries make it just a little more special. I love Southern Living recipes...

Rebecca said...

YOur cheesecake looks delicious. I could eat it for breakfast since I haven't had anything! Happy PS!

Splenderosa said...

Oh, goodness, now I'm going to have to make this cheesecake. Sounds & looks wonderful. Happy PS !!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Yummy, that cheesecake looks delicious! Thanks for sharing... Happy Pink Saturday!!! Blessings~~~ Daphne

Wendy said...

This looks so delicious!

Abramyan Avenue said...

Oh! My! Goodness....this looks beyond words delicious!!! My girls' mouths dropped open when they saw it! I think another trip to the grocery store is in order!

Sue said...

I love key lime anything. This one is going into my "keep" file. Thank you!