Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Foodie Friday: Food in the Garden
























It has been so beautiful. I couldn't resist setting up a little shabby garden table and enjoying the view. I found some more uses for my desert wine sauce that I put on the Classic Strawberry Shortcake, you can view that recipe here.
Here are the ingredients:
1/2 cup Strawberry dessert wine
1 TBSP sugar

You pour the 1/2 cup of wine into a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Then add the sugar and simmer 4-5 minutes longer, you now have a syrup similar to pancake syrup.
I drizzled about 1 tsp. on the cut up strawberries and kiwi in the sherbet glasses. I then garnished with a mint leaf and a violet.
The other use I found for the sauce was when I made these desserts I had some sauce left over from the above recipe and I poured it into my lemonade and I had "grown-up" pink lemonade. It was delicious!
For the homemade lemonade I use 3 large lemons or 4-5 small lemons squeezed with a cup of sugar to a standard size pitcher.
Now you can view the food and tablescape in my new movie format.



I am joining Michael at Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday. Please click on the link and view all the wonderful food.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Very nice, enjoy the sunsets!

Unknown said...

Yummy! This looks so refreshing!

~Liz

Tracy F. said...

Just found your lovely blog through Foodie Friday. Can't wait to read more!