Thursday, June 17, 2010

Foodie Friday: Calypso-Berry Salad

This is why I love summer.  Recipes this easy.  Food this fresh and the name...Calypso.  Who wouldn't love the name.  

I cannot remember the source of this recipe.  It was a superfood style book, but I can't remember which one.
Calypso-Berry Salad
 Ingredients:
2 cups sliced strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1 cup chopped papaya
1 cup chopped mango
1 cup sliced banana
1 1/2 TBSP sloe gin
1 TBSP lime juice

Place all ingredients in bowl and toss.
Serves 6-8
I will link this to Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum. 
I will also link to Vegetarian Foodie Fridays over at Breastfeeding Mom's Unite. 
Go over and see what other wonderful dishes everyone is cooking up.
Friday at midnight is also the last chance to enter to win a CSN $50 gift certificate.  Click here to enter.

12 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

This is such a cool looking treat.

Melodie said...

Delicious! This recipe is fully getting me ready for summer. It's one of the only times I really enjoy a bit of alcohol and adding it to my food. If you like, I invite you to come and link up at my Vegetarian Foodie Fridays @ Breastfeeding Moms Unite! Would love to have you.

April J Harris said...

Oh, that sounds really nice! I like the idea of adding sloe gin.

Unknown said...

Oh, YUM!!

Blessings!
Gail

Diann said...

This looks so good and refreshing. I would not have thought of using sloe gin. Thanks for the recipe!

shannon i olson said...

Looks good! pretty presentation.

Unknown said...

What a WONDERFUL!!! fruit salad GREAT!!! for the hot summer.
Geri

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry! Oh, this looks good and this is the perfect time to make this. I'll have to try it.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Such a lovely fruit salad! I haven't had sloe gin in ages - what a great idea.

The Tablescaper said...

Something so simple and wonderful!

I'm hositng a new meme, "Summer Sundays". It's all about what summer means to YOU. Hope you'll come join the fun.

- The Tablescaper

The Tablescaper said...

Looking forward to having you join us on the 20th for Summer Sundays!

- The Tablescaper

Mary Bergfeld said...

Sherry, this looks like a perfect summer salad. I love your blog, especially your food related posts. I'll be back as often as time permits. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary