Thursday, July 30, 2026

Sunflower & Black Forest Dahlia

Sunflower & Black Forest Dahlia
I had a volunteer sunflower come up, and it went perfectly with these Black Forest Ruby Dahlias I got from Baker Creek Seeds this year. 

Black Forest Dahlia
I have had mixed results with dahlias in my climate, but these did really well.

Black Forest Dahlia

Black Forest Ruby Dahlia
The key to growing them seems to be where I place them in the yard. These had some bright morning and noonday sun but a little afternoon shade. This dahlia has to be my favorite dahlia I have ever grown from seed. 

Sparrow's Nest
I saved my sparrow's nest that came from my flowerpot. The babies happily made it to flight and took off with a watchful mother.

Meakin Pitcher and Bowl
I continue to enjoy the flower shed, and I am often arranging.

Roses with Blue Willow Child's tea set
Here is a Lady of Shallot rose with a miniature tea set I found at a thrift store for my granddaughter.

Cupcakes Cosmos
My favorite cosmos fell over during a storm, so I picked most of them and made a bouquet,

In Victory,
Sherry

No comments: