Friday, February 9, 2024

Midwinter Tea

Midwinter Tea

I am having a little midwinter tea. I needed a pretty picture. I have been starting seeds for herbs and flowers, and the weather has teased me with really nice temps this week, but it is way too early to get excited yet. 

Midwinter Tea
It is bittersweet to not have roses but instead thorns and thistles. 

Midwinter Tea
This is a really pretty teacup, though: Highland Thistle by Royal Albert. 

Scandinavian Almond Cookies
I made these Scandinavian almond bars. I searched and searched for a dessert for this week, and in my melancholy mood, I couldn't decide on one, and then I saw the reviews on this cookie. It was just as good as the comments said it was. My family said this cookie might be one of the best I ever made. I was sort of surprised because it is very humble. I embellished it with sprinkles and some fresh raspberry juice in the icing to make it pink.

Midwinter Tea
Before we plant, we have to deal with the thorns and the thistles, but persevere, my friend. The Son is coming. 

In Victory,
Sherry

No comments: