Monday, November 27, 2023

Instant Pot Potato and Leek Soup

Potato and Leek Soup
I had some potatoes and leeks,and I decided to try this soup. I have been wanting to make it for awhile now. It is simple and filling, perfect for the cold weather.  I served it with a grilled cheese sandwich.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 leeks, sliced white and some green parts only
4 cups chicken broth
2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 
1/2 cup heavy cream
croutons (optional) 

Instructions:
Select sautee on the Instant Pot and heat the oil. Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the stock. potatoes, and 1 teaspoon salt and stir in. Press the cancel button to rest the program. 
Lock the lid in place and turn the valve to Sealing. Press the Pressure Cook button and set the cook time for 10 minutes at high pressure. 
Let the steam release naturally, or for at least 15 minutes before turning the valve to Venting, then quick release any remaining steam. Carefully remove the lid. Stir in the cream. Taste to adjust seasoning. Serve hot with croutons on top.  
Serves 4-6

Potato and Leek Soup
In Victory,
Sherry

2 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I love making soup in the Instant Pot and this looks really delicious. Thanks for the recipe!~

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I think I want to get an instant pot. I see the best recipes for them! I think sometimes those simple soups are the most comforting. Thanks for sharing! 💗 xoxo