Tuesday, January 9, 2018

A Helpful Command


Psalm 91: The Lord is my Refuge: The Charm of Home

Daniel in prayer receiving prophecy.
20 I went on praying and confessing my sin and the sin of my people, pleading with the Lord my God for Jerusalem, his holy mountain. 21 As I was praying, Gabriel, whom I had seen in the earlier vision, came swiftly to me at the time of the evening sacrifice. 22 He explained to me, “Daniel, I have come here to give you insight and understanding. 23 The moment you began praying, a command was given. And now I am here to tell you what it was, for you are very precious to God. Listen carefully so that you can understand the meaning of your vision.
24 “A period of seventy sets of seven[a] has been decreed for your people and your holy city to finish their rebellion, to put an end to their sin, to atone for their guilt, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to confirm the prophetic vision, and to anoint the Most Holy Place.[b] 25 Now listen and understand! Seven sets of seven plus sixty-two sets of seven[c] will pass from the time the command is given to rebuild Jerusalem until a ruler—the Anointed One[d]—comes. Jerusalem will be rebuilt with streets and strong defenses,[e] despite the perilous times.
26 “After this period of sixty-two sets of seven,[f] the Anointed One will be killed, appearing to have accomplished nothing, and a ruler will arise whose armies will destroy the city and the Temple. Daniel 9:20-26
This prophecy is yet to come. The time is near when this will be fulfilled. When this prophecy is fulfilled followers of Christ will be aware of it.
 The end will come with a flood, and war and its miseries are decreed from that time to the very end. 27 The ruler will make a treaty with the people for a period of one set of seven,[g] but after half this time, he will put an end to the sacrifices and offerings. And as a climax to all his terrible deeds,[h] he will set up a sacrilegious object that causes desecration,[i] until the fate decreed for this defiler is finally poured out on him.”
Daniel 9:26-27
As sheep, you will know your shepherd and follow His voice.
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, John 10:27-28
Be not afraid.
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10
This is a command you can use:
"The Lord is my refuge."
If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
    and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
    no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. Psalm 91:9-12

All glory and honor to my Lord Jesus Christ,
Sherry

I will be linking up with these parties:
Mommy Moments at Life of Faith- Sun evening
The Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims
Moments of Hope at Lori Schumaker
Soul Survival link up

Tuesday Talk with Sarah E. Frazer

Breakthru Linkup at Breakthrough Homeschooling- Tues eve
Tell Us His Story at Jennifer Dukes Lee- Tues eve
Grace Moments at Journeys in Grace
Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3-D Lessons for Life
Grace and Truth at Above the Waves
Fresh Market Friday Crystal Twaddell
Faith and Friends at Counting My Blessings
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups
Merry Monday at Intelligent Domestications

No comments: