Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Goodbye Sun

Goodbye Sun Tea: The Charm of Home
Goodbye sun.  Sunset comes a little earlier everynight.  My sunflowers are fading and the goldfinches are enjoying their tasty treats.  This can only mean it is almost September.  

Goodbye Sun Tea: The Charm of Home
I couldn't even do this photoshoot without one of the sunflowers dropping it's petals all about.  

Goodbye Sun Tea: The Charm of Home
This little tea towel has a summery seed packet graphic on it to perfectly accompany my tea.  The Vintage Garden Tea Towel was provided by Heritage Lace.  


Goodbye Sun Tea: The Charm of Home

Goodbye Sun Tea: The Charm of Home
The teacup is by Spode, the pattern is Blue Italian.

Goodbye Sun Tea: The Charm of Home

Goodbye August and goodbye sun.  The heat will soon subside and the cooler temps and colorful foilage will soon be here.
Thank you to Heritage Lace for providing this Vintage Garden Tea Towel. 

Sherry

I will link this to:
  
There Is No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
Home & Garden Thursdayat A Delightsome Life
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
The Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings- The Heart of  Your Home
Vintage Charm at Charm Bracelet Diva
The Homemaking Party at Classical Homemaking
Thoughts of Home at Decor to Adore
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Friday
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cupof Mrs. Olsen
What To Do Weekends at Shoestring Elegance
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Rose Garden Malevik Saturday Showoff
The Scoop at Stonegable
Best of the Weekend with Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

The Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Share It One More Time at Shabbyfufu   

14 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sherry,
Your blue teacup looks splendid with the sunflowers and the daisies and the tea towel is very cute. You have done well with Heritage Lace products.

I admit that I don't want to see summer go yet. I am not a fall and winter person at all, as you probably know by now. Hubby and I sort of feel like we haven't had our summer yet because we have been so busy. Thankfully these very busy seasons don't come very often. I think that is the beauty of tea time. One can brew a lovely cup of tea and savour the quiet moments and the busyness just kind of melts away for a while. Thanks for sharing your pretty post and joining me this week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Pam Richardson said...

Sherry, beautiful tea time! My sunflowers are gone and the birds are feasting! But I do look forward to autumn! Love the Blue Italian by Spode, it is a favorite of mine! Pam @ Everyday Living

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What lovely photos! I need to grow sunflowers again. I'll try to remember them for next year.

Enjoy your coming fall.

FlowerLady

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Your pictures are so pretty! I love August when the sunflowers bloom but yes, it also means the end of summer and Fall on it's way. I have to say I can't wait for cooler temperatures and all that Fall in the northeast brings!

cloches and lavender said...

What gorgeous Sunflowers. They are so happy.

Cindy

Pat said...

Sherry,
Beautiful post, dear friend!
I l o v e Sunflowers!
"Mr. Ed" and I decided to let the Sunflower Patch lie dormant for a year. . .
oh, how I've missed our Sunflowers!
But, what a wonderful surprise. . .the birds planted some Sunflowers at the base of the Lavender burms! They are all fully bloomed and a sight to behold!
Fondly,
Pat

Margie said...

So pretty! I'll miss the daylight, but not the sweltering heat and humidity!

Mom Das said...

Thank you for your lovely comments on my little posts. Really like the way you have photographed everything here on your posts. Again would say you must be having a charming garden and home!

quakerhillfarm said...

It is sad to see the days become shorter. Love the cobalt blue teacup and the golden yellow sunflowers. It is such a pretty color combination. The tea towel is really sweet too! Have a great day.

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Thank you for sharing at SYC! xx Jo

Bernideen said...

Dear Sherry:
I love the blue transferware - so pretty! Thanks for sharing and linking.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Sherry, what a beautiful tea! Love your cute tea towel and sunflowers are just a happy flower. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Our Hopeful Home said...

Such a beautiful post! Saying goodbye to August is always hard! I have two in high school and one is home schooled and I'm SO not ready for fall! Still pretty hot and humid in the midwest....I have noticed, however, the earlier sunsets:( thanks for linking up at Vintage Charm! Hope to see you there this morning after 8:00 am EST! xoKathleen

JES said...

Your photographs are just gorgeous and are a lovely treat to the eyes! :) Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)