Thursday, March 13, 2014

Home Sweet Home #161

Spring Wreath Recycled
Hello and welcome to Home Sweet Home!  This week I put something green on my front door in A Spring Wreath Recycled.

Guinness Cake Tea
I cooked with an Irish stout for tea time in Guinness Cake Tea.

Guinness Chocolate Cake with a Salted Caramel Glaze
Then I shared the recipe source for this cake in Guinness Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel Glaze.

 There are so many great creative ideas, recipes, and beautiful homes at The Home Sweet Home party each week. Here are some of the great blogger's post that caught my eye from last week's Home Sweet Home.

Bernideen's Tea Time Blog showed off her English tea cup and tea pot collection in Holding the Line at 30!
  
Naush at Doodle Buddies showed us how to create these lovelies in Concrete Mushrooms!! A Tutorial.



Margaret of Chantilly Charm showed off how to create this DIY Bunny Pillow.



Amanda at It's A Fabulous Life showed us how to create these fun Rainbow Pancakes.

There were so many beautiful posts and wonderful food!   It is really hard to feature a few and, remember to be featured you must have a link back to the Home Sweet Home party.   Thank you to everyone who joins me at Home Sweet Home!  It is wonderful to have you here!
  Sherry

Follow me on Twitter  
Follow me on Facebook 
Follow me on Pinterest
 


Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party: 


Attention: To link up you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or you won't be featured.

Link up anything in your home or garden.  I love seeing home tours and neat shops too!

My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower. Please don't link up more than two posts.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes, delicious recipes, crafts, or whatever makes your home special!

 *If you are pinning a post submitted here, please pin from the original site.


28 comments:

Denise said...

Hi Sherry,

I adore that green wreath with the bird's nest and gingham bow!! I would love to have that for my front door. :) Your Guinness cakes look delicious; I'm sure they would be a hit at our house. Thank you so much for hosting -- have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,

Denise at Forest Manor

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh my, that salted caramel glaze looks so delish! Thanks for the party Sherry.
hugs,
Jann

Susan Freeman said...

Thank you so much Sherry!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Thank you so much for hosting, Sherry! Definitely lots of creativity at your party :) Have a great weekend! Autumn greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for hosting! :) Love all the features!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Lovely features, I'm gonna check out that cake, lol! Thank you so much for hosting my friend.
Hugs,
FABBY

Mary said...

Wonderful features Sherry! Love that bunny pillow & your cake looks decadent! Thanks for hosting :)

Deborah Montgomery said...

Thanks for hosting Sherry, and thanks for your sweet comments on my blog!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Sherry, I am totally smitten with your tea setting. Each time I've looked at it this week, there was something familiar and now I remember. My MIL had some similar dishes with a white rose for the flower. She asked me if I wanted them and because I am an dil I said, you keep them for your girls. Well....I should have said yes...she sold them to an antique dealer she knew for a song.

Hope your weekend is filled with extraordinary moments and tastes. ;)

P.S. My links aren't showing up on your page....there must be a hiccup somewhere.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your cake sure looks good, Sherry! Thank you for hosting and enjoy the weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Sherry, The Guinness Chocolate Cake looks delicious!
Thanks so much for hosting. Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Jody

Erin~Just*Grand said...

Thanks for hosting the party! Love your green wreath. Hurry, Spring!

Nici @ Posed Perfection said...

Thanks for hosting! I hope you have a delightful weekend!
Blessings,
Nici

Vintage Paint and more... said...

I love your wreath and the cake looks so delish... thank you for hosting... Cathy

Diann said...

I love your wreath! So pretty. thank you for hosting!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for the party!!

Hugs,
Deb

Naush said...

Sherry, Thank you very much for featuring my Concrete Mushrooms.
So honored. :)
Naush from Dubai

Sarah said...

Sherry, your green wreath with the black and white checks is a beautiful welcome. Love it!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I'd love to try a slice of that Guinness cake! Thanks for the party, Sherry!

Debra@CommonGround said...

oh that cake looks fabulous! thanks so much for hosting, Sherry!

Kim said...

Sherry, thanks so much for hosting! I'm always hungry after linking up here, so many yummy ideas and pretty tables! Have a great week!

Unknown said...

You've certainly been busy Sherry. Thank you so much for hosting and blessings to you, Patti

Lady of the Manor said...

I love all these great ideas! Thanks for hosting. I think you and I are using the same dishes this week!! Isn't that Cameo Rose with your Guinness Cake?

JP said...

Sherry, thank you for hosting,,,wishing you a wonderful weekend!
JP

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Thanks for the party Sherry and have a nice weekend!

Crystelle Boutique said...

thanks for the party, Sherry!
TGIF !! :)
x Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

Poppy said...

Hi Sherry,

Beautiful and delicious touches of Spring! The greenery is fresh and promises growth and your cake with its caramel frosting looks divine!

Thanks for hosting and have a lovely weekend!

Poppy

Abby said...

Thank you for hosting!