Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Spring Wreath Recycled

Spring Wreath: The Charm of Home
For my spring wreath this year I really wanted something green.  We have a threat of snow again this week..bah humbug..something green is going on my front door.  This fern wreath base I have used several times for spring and summer but, the beauty of it is that I can keep recycling this fern base to make many wreaths, which is what I have done again here today.

Spring Wreath: The Charm of Home
I removed the burlap bow and hanger and added some florists wire in the back to hang it by.  I then used a black and white gingham check ribbon for the bow.  I then wired in a little nest.  It looks very Mary Carol Garrity (Nell Hills) to me.  

Spring Wreath: The Charm of Home
I think I will hunt up a few little eggs to tuck inside the nest.  The promise of spring is on it's way.  I saw a little bird on our street pick up a long piece of landscaping grass and fly off with it this week.  He is industriously building a nest so, even the bird's know spring is coming.

Sherry
I will link this to:


Be Inspired Friday at Common Ground    
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
 Your Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe with an E 
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict
Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper 
Inspired Sunday at Sunday View  
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
An Extraordinary Day
Friday's Unfolded at Nancherrow 

20 comments:

Sue/the view from great island said...

Stunning!

Betty said...

A beautiful wreath. I learned a few years ago not to put a wreath on my screen door, but on the inside of it. A bird began to build its nest on the wreath HA! HA!

Jonell w Harrison said...

Such simplicity Elegance Naturally-So Perrrfect! It usually does not have to be hard work or time consuming to "make pretty'..as you have done!

Laura said...

Hi Sherry-

I smiled while reading this because I recycled last year's spring wreathe today too-
and yes, it is cold here too.

Sigh...

I decided I am going to pretend!

Laura
White Spray Paint

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love it, so perfectly simple chic. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is darling, Sherry! I need that little wreath! Hope you're doing well and you're always a sweetie,
Shelia;)

The Tuscan Home said...

Lovely, perfect for Spring and summer for that matter. Love it!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Very spring-y indeed! We just got rid of our last snow.
Brenda

Blondie's Journal said...

Very cute...for St. Patrick's Day, too!

XO,
Jane

Aida said...

Simple and elegant. Hope spring will bring some warm weather your way.
blessings,

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Simple but so pretty! Love the bird nest addition and the checkered bow.

God's Grace Overflows said...

Good Morning!

I'm popping over from Roxy's blog. You have a sweet blog and I love that wreath. I might have to make this one. Perfect for Spring time.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Amy

Unknown said...

I have a small obsession with nests right now, so I'm loving this!

Monika Jones said...

I'm so in love with this wreath! Looks so green and fresh! Perfect for spring.
London carpet cleaning

Lara said...

Beautiful!Very beautiful!!!

Alison Agnew said...

So pretty! I love the imperfect elegance of it. Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

Alison
Nancherrow

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Love it. Coming over from the Linkup at Fridays Unfolded.

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

I am totally smitten with ferns and this is so lovely. A few eggs would be the perfect addition.

Your local birdie is lucky to have found something for her nest. Here we still have a foot of snow. ;-/

Thanks for sharing your fab wreath at Project Inspire{d}!

Laura Turner said...

Hi Sherry, I wanted to let you know that I featured your fresh, beautiful spring time wreath on Inspired Sunday today at www.sundayview.blogspot.com.

Laura

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

So pretty and springy! Love it!