Monday, June 10, 2013

Flower Therapy

My roses and the lavender are still blooming.  They smell so wonderful.  I thought I would bring them in and enjoy them with a cup of tea.

I found this teapot awhile back.  It looks like a German teapot but, I don't know for sure, it has no markings.  It is very petite and romantic.  I found the cup at the thrift shop for 75 cents.  It is Nikko china.

Did you enjoy my flower therapy?  I enjoyed the roses and now the blooms are all spent on the rose bushes.  I deadheaded them and hopefully I will have more blooms all summer.
Sherry
I will link this to:
   
 Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 

Table Top Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life
Share the Shelter at A Sheltering Tree  
Homemaking Linkup at Hope In Every Season  
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove  
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tea Cup Tuesday at Artful Affirmations
 Cottage Style Link Party at Lavender Cottage Garden
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House 
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty and especially enjoyed on this rainy day. I bet you are looking forward to more blooming.

Maggie Ann said...

What a charming post! I enjoyed it..

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

I can hardly pass up of flower of any kind. Sometimes when I am feeling blue I go thru a garden nursery and the world looks good again.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Oh, these various shades of pinks and the delicate blooms. A treat for my soul.
Thank you-visiting from A Stroll Thru Life.
Jemma

Anonymous said...

What beautiful flowers! Lucky you to have such a pretty view xx

Anna (My Design Ethos)

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Sherry,
Yes, I did enjoy your flower therapy! Gorgeous roses and lavender! And your petite teapot is very pretty, I love the shape of it, and that handle! I just published a post featuring my petite teapot too, I hope you'll come and take a look.
Happy Tuesday! Gina

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

SOME day I hope to grow roses -- yours are so beautiful, I can ALMOST smell them! I do have lavender which just began to bloom today. Have you ever made lavender tea? It's so yummy and refreshing -- even good iced!

Sue said...

Beautiful photos! I need to get out and pull all the dying blossoms off of mine too...somehow, I even find the bushes pretty with them on there. I think I just love all the color after such a gloomy winter and spring.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Beautiful flowers and you take great photos...it makes me want to go outside and clip some of my roses and bring them in...

Thanks for sharing it.

Martha's Favorites said...

I just love the tea pot you shared today. It is so pretty. The flowers are perfect. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

Terri said...

Hello Sherry,
Your flower therapy post is sweet and beautiful. That is a very dear tea pot. I too, brought in some lavender today...and it was vary fragrant. Lavender is so healing. Thank you for sharing your fab post!
Hugs,
Terri

Edith DUTERTRE said...

hello
un petit coup d'oeil en passant
et j'apprécie beaucoup se partage
avec vous pour une tasse de thé
surtout entourée de fleurs
à très bientôt
tendresse
edith (iris)

CraveCute said...

I need more flower therapy! This is just the best ever! :)

sandy said...

Thoroughly enjoyed the flower therapy! Can't get enough of it! Your teapot is sweet and such a bargain! Have a lovely week!

Diann said...

So soft, peaceful and pretty! I bet the flowers smell as lovely as they look! Beautiful teapot find. Thank you for sharing at TTF last week.

Darlene Nemeth said...

Hi Sherry,
I love your flower therapy. It works for me. Thanks for sharing.

And your pictures are fantastic.

http://mylittleshopoftreasures.blogspot.ca
http://darlenebnemeth.blogspot.ca

Kathy said...

I can imagine that being such a wonderful fragrant bouquet. Floral fragrances are definitely the perfect therapy - beautiful post. I appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy