Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Slow Cooker French Dips


We had these Slow Cooker French Dips on New Year's.  They were perfect in the crock pot and everyone thought they tasted really good.  I have tried French dips before but this recipe was better.  Recipe source was the Tasty Kitchen.  

Ingredients
1 medium yellow onion
10 ounces, fluid beef broth/stock
1/4 cups Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
1 TBSP Grainy Mustard
3 pounds Chuck Roast
Salt and pepper
6 sandwich rolls
6 slices of Provolone Cheese

  1. Slice onion into 1/4 inch rounds.  Keeping rounds together, place in the bottom of a slow cooker.  
  2. Add beef broth, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard in the slow cooker
  3. Salt and pepper both sides of the roast and place on top of the onions and liquid.
  4. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or until the roast is fall-apart tender.
  5. Once cooked, transfer the roast to a platter and shred.
  6.  Remove onions from au jus sauce and remove any excess oil on broth.
  7. Now return meat and onions back to the broth.  Leave it in crock pot for 1 hour on warm setting.
  8. To assemble split the rolls and place under the broiler until just browned, about 1 minute.
  9. Remove tops from baking sheet.  Scoop beef out of juice and place onto bottom halves of rolls with onion (if desired) and cheese.  Place back in oven again until cheese begins to melt.  Top your sandwiches with tops and cut in half for easier eating.  Serve with a small side of au jus sauce.
 *Note: The sandwich pictured above was not toasted.
Serves 6
Enjoy!
Sherry
I will link this to: 
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
This Chick Cooked at This Chick Cooks
Friday Food at Mom Trends
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum 
Wednesday Show Off  at Elna-Sudden. 
What's It Wednesday   at Ivy and Elephants  
And, here is a new link party where you can link up crafts, recipes, and your own link party.
Overflowing with Creativity Party  at It's Overflowing

28 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Yummy, thanks for posting this. I have to put it on my list to try for company. I pinned ya! =)
MaryAnn

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

yum! thanks for the recipe sounds great.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Hi Sherry! Thankyou for stopping by my blog and commenting about the remodel. That was VERY sweet of you! I am SO excited you are featuring my home this week. Thank you so much! Kristine

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Oh and I forgot to also thank you for this recipe...YUM.

Lynn said...

They sound great Sherry, I like the addition of soy sauce and mustard! Love French Dip:@)

Martha said...

sounds delish!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Oh, that looks delish Sherry. I could go for one of those right now.

Unknown said...

Oh, lawdy! & I just ate!! That looks yummy, Sherry.
Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

~Country Lady~ said...

Yummy! Printing this and adding it to the file. Found you at Kim's Wow Us Wed.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Yum, that sounds good! When my new friend was over today, I was showing her blogs I thought she would like. And I stopped us right by your place!
Brenda

Unknown said...

I LOVE your style!!! I totally want you to stop by and join my link party that just opened!!!

XO, Aimee

Leslie said...

Your picture here looks divine! I've always loved French dips since I was a kid, and look out for them at restaurants! I'll have to be sure and try out this recipe soon. Thanks for sharing with us!

Just wanted to let you know how I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your beautiful home and table setting! What an inspiration you are to me. :)
Blessings,
Leslie

Buttercup Bliss said...

This recipe looks delicious! I love French Dips... can't wait to try it soon - SO yummy!!

Happy New Year!

Teacup-In-The-Garden said...

Sounds and looks very good!
Markus

thistlewoodfarm said...

First of all....that photograph is absolutely beautiful! Second of all....that recipe sounds easy and yummy! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Hello...

It's so nice to stop in here and visit with you today. I love making connections here in blogland.

Stop by some time to visit me, if you like.

Ciao Bella

Your newest follower
CREATIVE CARMELINA

Lola and Bea said...

Thank you for the recipe. I love my slow cooker and I am always looking for something different to make. Your photos are so beautiful and look like they came out of a magazine. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I made something similar for a luncheon; however, I like your recipe so much better!...thanks for the new recipe!

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

Ok I can taste this, have to make it; sounds awesome!

Gloria said...

Great recipe, I will have to try it! Thanks for sharing!
Best,
Gloria
(I am over from Willow's 'my irish cottage home' blogspot - saw your delicious photo of this in her sidebar!)

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

Now thats something I haven't thought of using my slow cooker for before - dips. Thanks for sharing sounds delicious.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, such a wonderful meal! Delicious :)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Mmmmm...this sounds perfect!

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up! Check out my giveaway....


XO, Aimee

Unknown said...

Hey I have everything in my crockpot but wondering do i cook it on low or high for 6-7 hours?

The Charm of Home said...

Sara you cook on low for 6-7 hours. Thanks for pointing out that I missed that. I proofread but, I don't always see every omission.
Sherry

Unknown said...

Hi Sherry, is it ok to substitute regular or dijon mustard for the grainy mustard?

The Charm of Home said...

Yes, I would think the mustard could be substituted with regular and it would be just fine.
Sherry