Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"Shabby Chic" Cloth Napkins

Has anyone visited a retail store today?  I just got back from Walmart and it was completely transformed for Christmas!  Yes, even White Christmas on the intercom.  Well I am also trying to fill the Etsy shop with Christmas gift ideas.  It is interesting to have a shop and create a product line, all entirely of my own creation.  I have been trying out different fabrics from companies I admire and this fabric was a treat!  All of these "Shabby Chic" style cloth napkins were made out of Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic fabric from her current collection.

This is 100% cotton and a treat to work with.  It is heavier in weight and gorgeous patterns and colors.   This pattern was very "Cabbage ans Roses" don't you think?

Here the napkins are washed.  I noticed a little trouble with getting the edges exactly straight on this pattern.  Then I pulled the fabric and realized it had to have a little Lyrca in the lengthwise grain of the fabric.  This gives it the heavier weight and this gorgeous shabby un-ironed finish that Rachel is famous for in her shabby mismatched table settings. 

Nothing about them are exact.  They are hand made and perfectly imperfect.  Which is exactly what Shabby Chic is all about.  They remind me of some little vintage napkins I have.  They never are an exact perfect fold but when you work with them they fold up nicely and are charming all the same.

The patterns are truly beautiful.

So, I will be working to fill up the shop for Christmas the whole first half of November and blogging a lot about that.  Then I will dedicate some time to Thanksgiving and we will dive right into Christmas!  The stores are making me want to decorate already! 
Sherry
I will link this up to:
White Wednesday  at Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Passionately Artistic  weekly party

15 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

These are beautiful! I will definitely be looking for them in your shop!

XO,
Jane

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh how I love those darling little floral prints. You are as always so creative and talented.

Our Hopeful Home said...

Very pretty!

xoxo
Kathleen

Olive said...

The blue floral is so softa nd pretty. I am a complete nut for fabric and I do not sew but we do only use cloth napkins-no paper.

xinex said...

Very pretty,Sherry...Christine

Teacup-In-The-Garden said...

Wonderful fabric!
Markus

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So charming...I love the patterns, too!

beachcomber said...

beautiful fabric!!
x

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Very pretty napkins! The stores around here have had Christmas decorations up since September! LOL!

hugs
Sissie

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry! Oh, they're beautiful!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Heaven's Walk said...

Gorgeous, Sherry! What a wonderful Christmas idea! :)

xoxo laurie

Suffia said...

Very sweet and pretty patterns. Love them!

The Charm of Home said...

Any one trying out the new Dynamic views from Blogger? What do you think? I am posting a comment in it to see how it works.
Sherry

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Perfectly perfect!

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Sharyn said...

I love using real napkins! Especially shabby ones - and yours are just beautiful!