Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Union Jack

Union Jack Table Topper: The Charm of Home
Here is a peak.  Your looking at a peak of the table covering I made for Decor to Adore's High TeaI created a Union Jack table cover from altered materials.

Union Jack Table Topper: The Charm of Home
This is the dress I cut the red stripes from.  The thrifted dress on clearance at the end of last winter, cost $1.  

Union Jack Table Topper: The Charm of Home
This oxford shirt also thrifted for a $1.  This was the white stripes.  Surprisingly there is a lot of fabric in a man's shirt.

Union Jack Table Topper: The Charm of Home
Here Union Jack is getting a fitting.   

Union Jack Table Topper: The Charm of Home
Cutting the red plaid on the bias.  No need to match the plaid and keep it as straight cutting it this way.

Union Jack Table Topper: The Charm of Home
Pinning the plaid, it is starting to look like the Union Jack.  I got the royal blue fabric at the Salvation Army for 75 cents.  So the total cost was $2.75.    Come back tomorrow for the whole tablescape.  

Union Jack Table Topper: The Charm of Home
I will link to: 
Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm
Wow Us Wednesday  at Savvy Southern Style
Go and check out all of the great ideas on these blogs.

20 comments:

Ellen said...

how absolutely creative and beautiful! I LOVE it! And it was so creatively smart how you used clothes to create such a beautiful tablecloth.Can't wait to see the tablescape...! Have a wonderful day!

Debbie said...

Sherry, it's going to be wonderful. I can tell already.I love your reuse of the old clothes.

And I could swear I wore that dress back in the day...

Unknown said...

I love the way you put this together using the shirt & dress, so resourceful with great results

Marigene said...

Wow, you are very creative!

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love it! Looks like a very Scottish union jack!
Liz

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello Sherry,
this is a nice idea. I am really curious about your tablescape.
See you tomorrow,
Greetings, Johanna

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love this! I remember getting mens suits for crazy quilting. Lots of material there too.
Brenda

Lynn said...

Looks like a great table cloth Sherry:@)

Unknown said...

Wow, talk about looking outside the box and putting something like this together. I'm sure the table setting is going to be awesome...I dont know what else to say except, It's beautiful..
~Shirley

Susie @ Step inside my home said...

I am truly amazed at how creative your are! The table cloth looks great! ~Susie

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

How clever is that. Cute idea. Thanks for sharing it at the party.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is such a great idea! I wish I could remember this when I am shopping! I love it! ♥

Debra@CommonGround said...

OK, Sherry, this is awesome, hope you'll link up with VIF, cause I want to show this off! You are soooo clever to put this together, and on a budget no less!! LOVE IT!!
xo,
debra

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Sherry, you have made a fabulous tablecover with such creative materials! I just love the tartan red areas. Wonderful!Good job,chap!
Yvonne

xinex said...

Wow! You are very creative!...Christine

Decor To Adore said...

Oh my gosh I am totally COVETING this! How completely wonderful.

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

This is so pretty! I can't wait to see the royal wedding, how about you?! I found your blog through my friend Christine at Christine's Home and Travel Blog...lucky me :) I hope to join in on your Friday party Home Sweet Home sometime soon. Can you tell me more about it? Would I share home pictures and home vignettes at this party? It sounds and looks like a lot of fun :)
Hope you have a great day...
Big hugs,
Queenie
P.S. I'm you're newest follower!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Incredible! Love it! laurie

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Sherry, You should make these and sell them...and if you do...I'll buy the first one! I love it! I want one! So clever!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Amazing work!

1.The very first Union Flag was created in 1606
2.The final version, that we use today appeared in 1801
3.Three flags make up the Union Jack

St George for England
St Andrew for Scotland
St Patrick for Ireland

4.It is called Union ‘Jack’ after the jack staff from the Royal Navy vessels
5. Four countries still use the Union Jack flag in their national flags, Australia, Fiji, New Zealand and Tuvalu.

Harrison Flags