Thursday, December 17, 2009

Foodie Friday: Ambrosia

I am joining Designs by Gollum  for her Foodie Friday.  Please go over and see all the other great Christmas dishes everyone has cooked up.  Christmas memories have a lot to do with the food.  I remember that we always had Ambrosia on the Christmas table where I grew up. Christmas wouldn't be the same without this versatile dish.

Ingredients:

2 large Valencia or navel oranges peeled with membrane removed
2 large apples peeled and sliced (squeeze with a little lemon to prevent browning)
1 cup seedless grapes sliced in half
1 cup chopped nuts
Pineapple and/or shredded coconut can be added.
My family always added chopped walnuts.
Mix up fruit with a 1/4 cup sugar.
Reserve some nuts or coconut to sprinkle on top.  Chill before serving.
Yields: 4 servings


Thank you for viewing my dish.


3 comments:

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Ambrosia is such a wonderful, traditional fruit dish--thanks so much for adding it to Foodie Friday. I will try your recipe this Christmas.

Martha said...

Nothing beats Ambrosia at Christmas!

Unknown said...

Oh, I just adore Ambrosia and I agree, walnuts :)

CHRISTmas Blessings!
Gail