Thursday, May 29, 2014

Home Sweet Home #172

Memorial Day: The Charm of Home
photo source: source: http://outthefrontwindow.tumblr.com/

Hello and welcome to Home Sweet Home!  This week I did a post in honor of Memorial Day.  

Strawberry Pie Tea: The Charm of Home
Then I shared the first garden tea in which I served up our bounty of strawberries in Strawberry Pie Tea.

Strawberry Pie Tea: The Charm of Home

There are so many beautiful homes and creative ideas at the Home Sweet Home party each week!  Here are a few that caught my eye from last week. 

Sylvia at Sylva's Simple Life always shares the most gorgeous photos and food as she did here in May.

Rita at Rita May Days shared tips on How to Make a Perfect Pot of Tea.

Anjana Dev at At the Corner of Happy and Harried shared how to make this Homemade No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream with Blackberry Swirls.  

Nancy at Nancy's Daily Dish shared an Easy and Meaningful Memorial Day Party Favor Idea.

I am really lucky to have all of your amazing posts because, it is you who make the Home Sweet Home party so special!  You are all so talented and share such wonderful posts!  It is really hard to feature a few and, remember to be featured you must have a link back to the Home Sweet Home party.   Thank you to everyone who joins me at Home Sweet Home!  It is wonderful to have you here!

*Just a note about next week's Home Sweet Home Party.  I will take a small break from the Home Sweet Home Party (of 6/5)  and it will return on June 12th.  Thanks!   

Sherry

Follow me on Twitter 

Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow me where I really enjoy the visual aspect of blogging  Tumblr

Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party: 
Attention: To link up you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or you won't be featured.
Link up anything in your home or garden.  I love seeing home tours and neat shops too!
My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower. Please don't link up more than two posts.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes, delicious recipes, crafts, or whatever makes your home special!

 *If you are pinning a post submitted here, please pin from the original source.


20 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hope you're having a wonderful week, Sherry. Your features are lovely and I did really enjoy your blue and white - strawberry pie tea. Enjoy your weekend and thank you for hosting.

Blessings,
Sandi

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Hi Sherry, Love your features and am so flattered you chose to feature my flags this week. Thank you! I'm going to share it to my FB page also and link back to your blog.

Love the pie pics, and of course the transferware~

Have a fun weekend,

Nancy

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

p/s I love the Patton quote in the first pic…he is one of my favorite Generals ever. I have a book by someone who served with him and it's full of his quotes. Thanks for sharing that one!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you for Home Sweet Home Sherry. Lovely features, love blue and white china.
Joy

Poppy said...

Hi Sherry,

Your strawberry pie tea, set on blue and white china, al fresco, is so refreshingly sweet! Thanks so much for hosting and have a lovely weekend!

Poppy

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry! Great party and features. Thank you for hosting.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful features! Thanks for hosting!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Sherry, I love that quote from Gen. Patton! That ice cream looks delicious and love the table setting! Thanks for hosting.
hugs,
Jann

Diane said...

Love the beautiful tablescapes you featured. Thanks for the party!

Kim said...

Patton was my mom's favorite ~ thanks for that memory! Super party as always! Have a great week! Or two! ;)

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Thanks so much for hosting every week, loved the features!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Thanks for hosting, Sherry! Lovely features! Thanks so much for hosting!

Sarah said...

Beautiful tea! I'd love a piece of that strawberry pie for dessert tonight. Thanks for hosting!

Rita's Recipes said...

Thank you so much for the featuring my post on Making The Perfect Pot Of Tea from my blog. I love all the others too! I'll include you button on my post.
((hugs)) Rita

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

Gorgeous strawberry pie. Thank you for hosting.

Madonna
MakeMineLemon

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Thank you Sherry! Your blues and whites are looking so fresh for summer. Victoria Mag always used to do blue for their June issues. I have to dig mine out. Busy times! I hope you enjoy a break!

Lady of the Manor said...

There are always so many inspiring posts here! Thanks for hosting!!

Sylvia said...

Thank you very much for featuring my photos; you have always been kind to my work, Sherry! What a gorgeous strawberry pie tea! Love the blue and white china. Wishing you a great weekend!

Wendy said...

Thanks for hosting a great party :)
I would love for you to come party at my T.G.I.F. Linky Party @ MamasBlogCentral.com :) Have a great week!!

Nancy said...

Fresh blackberries with homemade vanilla ice cream. Ahhhh, perfection. Thanks for hosting, Sherry. Oh, and I love that Patton quote. I'm so grateful to those who sacrificed so much for the freedom we enjoy. Very thankful. ~ Nancy