Thursday, May 1, 2014

Home Sweet Home #168

May Day Basket: The Charm of Home
Hello and welcome to Home Sweet Home!  This week I shared a little May Day basket I made in To Welcome May...

A Cheerful Tea: The Charm of Home
I had A Cheerful Tea with lots of bright colors.


Strawberries & Cream Cake: The Charm of Home
Then I shared how I cheated making a sponge cake with an angel food cake in The Humble Angel Food Cake Embellished.


There are so many beautiful homes and creative ideas at the Home Sweet Home party each week!  Here are a few that caught my eye from last week. 

May Day Basket
Patti at Old Things New created this beautiful May Day Basket.

Annabella at Shabby Gipsy shared a wonderful painting in Painting Flower.

Brooke at Creative Country Mom showed off her Old Fashioned Bridal Wreath Spirea Shrub

Linda at Sew What!, shared a beautiful set of Little Women Dolls made by her Mother.

I am really lucky to have all of your amazing posts because, it is you who make the Home Sweet Home party so special!  You are all so talented and share such amazing posts!  It is really hard to feature a few and, remember to be featured you must have a link back to the Home Sweet Home party.   Thank you to everyone who joins me at Home Sweet Home!  It is wonderful to have you here!
Sherry
Follow me on Twitter 

Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow me where I really enjoy the visual aspect of blogging  Tumblr

Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party: 
Attention: To link up you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or you won't be featured.
Link up anything in your home or garden.  I love seeing home tours and neat shops too!
My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower. Please don't link up more than two posts.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes, delicious recipes, crafts, or whatever makes your home speci
al!

 *If you are pinning a post submitted here, please pin from the original source.



27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cake was fabulous! Almost too pretty to eat, that's what my grandfather used to say :)
Dawn @ We Call It Junkin

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

Beautiful features, Sherry!
Thanks so much for hosting.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Suzanne

the cape on the corner said...

that cake look absolutely too beautiful to eat! thanks for hosting.
b

FABBY'S LIVING said...

That cake and tea make me hungry!
Thank you so much for hosting.
Have a lovely weekend ahead.
FABBY

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for hosting Sherry - I have to go check out that Paris post I see right away LOL
Have a great weekend
xox

Sylvia said...

Thank you for having me, Sherry! I am sharing few photos from our visit to the Spring Blooms flower show in Allan gardens Conservatory. Spring is not coming early this year, so we needed a dose of colours. Love your BEAUTIFUL sponge cake!

Poppy said...

Hi Sherry,

I've had to depend on your beautiful posts this week for some spring inspiration; it's been very cold, damp and rainy here in Toronto!

Thanks so much for hosting, and have a wonderful weekend!

Poppy

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Loved your May flowers and that wonderful cake. Thank you for hosting Home Sweet Home.
Joy

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Thanks so much for hosting, have a great weekend.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Loving the May Day baskets! Happy May Day, Sherry!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Pretty May Day baskets ! :)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Catherine said...

What a beautiful post, from the cake, which looks magical to the round-up. Simply beautiful. Blessings, Catherine

Donna Wilkes said...

Beautiful May Day basket feature. Thank you for hosting!

Linda Walker said...

Thank you Sherry for featuring the dolls that my mother made. I think it made her day and mine! Excited to make your cake this weekend too!
Linda
mysewwhatblog

Natasha in Oz said...

Thanks so much for the Party Sherry. Have a great weekend.

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Eileen said...

Your tea time looks delicious ~ such a gorgeous cake and table setting. Lovely features, too. Thanks for hosting!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, those features, how pretty! Thanks for the party! :)

Unknown said...

I love that little green wreath with the nest and the black checked bow. And that cake! It had such beautiful color! :)

Thank you for hosting!
~Liz

Unknown said...

Thank you sweet Sherry for featuring my May Day Basket. You've created a lovely one yourself! Have a great weekend and blessings to you,
Patti

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Sherry,
Thank your for hosting..I have joined in today with the Home Sweet Home Party.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Thank you for hosting. There's so much inspiration in the links!

Lou Lou Girls said...

I Love your blog!! Thanks for hosting. Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

Unknown said...

Grazie Sherry è bellissimo essere sul tuo blog!!

Mindie Hilton said...

Gave your party a shout out on Twitter! Thanks for hosting. Hugs from Mindie May at Bacon Time.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What wonderful features! The Little Women dolls are so special! What a fun party! Hugs, Diane

Julia said...

Que bonito post, me he paseado por tu bloc y me ha encantado, te invito a ver el mio, estamos celebrando el dia de la madre, y si te gusta y no eres seguidora espero que te hagas ahora, gracias por visitarme. FELIZ DIA DE LA MADRE💐Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com