Thursday, January 24, 2013

Home Sweet Home #103

Hello and welcome to Home Sweet Home!  I contemplated how many people have been proposed to this week in An Important Decision.

I made my Grandmother's Pineapple Upside Down Cake in a cast iron skillet.

I also cooked my own version of Farmer's Pork Chops.  This comfort food dish is perfect for cold January days.

I am going to feature again this week by the most viewed post.  Here are the top viewed post from last week's Home Sweet Home party.

Babiole de Windsor had the most views last week with Red Transferware = Love.

The second most viewed post was a tie between Diann at The Thrifty Groove with her Tarnished Silver find.  She found this for only $3.

And the second most viewed post also, was, Diane at An Extraordinary Day. She showed us how she transformed her Christmas reds into Valentine's Day red decorating.  Smart idea!

The Country Farm Home showed off The Farmhouse Bath at Night.  Lovely farmhouse style!

 So many great post each week and so many talented people!   It is really hard to feature a few!  Thank you to everyone who joins me at Home Sweet Home!  It is wonderful to have you here! 
Sherry

Follow me on Twitter  
Follow me on Facebook 
Follow me on Pinterest 


I will join these ladies today:
Be Inspired Friday at Common Ground 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Home and Garden Thursday  at A Delightsome Life 
Strut Your Stuff Saturday at Six Sister's Stuff

Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party:
Attention: To link up you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or you won't be featured.
Link up anything in your home or garden.  I love seeing neat shops too!
My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower. Please don't link up more than two posts.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes, delicious recipes, crafts, or whatever makes your home special!
 *If you are pinning a post submitted here, please pin from the original site. 

38 comments:

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

There is nothing like great comfort food on a cold January Day!!...Congrats to the top 3...beautiful...thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

Carol said...

Thank you for hosting every week. I always enjoy seeing everyone's great ideas.

Smiles,
Carp;

Eileen said...

Your pineapple upside down cake looks delicious! I love old family recipes. Thanks for hosting!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Hi Sherry, thank you for hosting your lovely party. I hope you have a wonderful week.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Sherry; love your comfort food including the pineapple upside down cake. Thanks for hosting. Great posts joining in today.
Joy

Kathy said...

Terrific features - I appreciate you hosting,
Kathy

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Such pretty features this week! And so easy to link up these days. Nice. I love pineapple upside down cake! Your family is so lucky! Have a great weekend, Sherry! Thanks so much for hosting.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Sherry, just linked up my Valentine cupboard. thanks for hosting!!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for hosting. I enjoyed the features and I LOVE the red transferware. On these cold Winter days when we're in the deep freeze, comfort food is especially welcome. Hope you have a nice weekend, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Susan Freeman said...

Thank you for being our sweet hostess!

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Diane said...

Thanks for sharing your family recipes. Lovely features this week and thanks for hosting!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sherry,
thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I adore red transferware and your is lovely! Nice features. I will make my Valentine's Pink for next week too. Thank you for hosting dear Sherry. Big hugs,
FABBY

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

It is so sweet of you to host this party every week..thank you!
Hugs, Penny

Lorena said...

Thank you for hosting! Have a lovely weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your home-cooked meals looks yummy! You've showed great features. I linked some Valentine craft ideas. Thanks for hostessing.

Mary

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Hi Sherry,
I do love the red transferware! All great features. Thank you so much for hosting your party and have a great weekend!
Nancy

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

{Blushing} Oh my....I am humbled and honored.
Thank you so much Sherry for the feature.
Hope your week(ending) is extraordinary!

Heirloom treasures said...

Red transferware is so pretty,it looks so valentine with it's little heart.x

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

So many sweet projects. So much inspiration. Thank you for bringing it our way!
Liz

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for hosting! Sure would like to sample some of the pork chops tonight~ it all looks so appetizing! Would be perfect on this cold winter's night.
melinda

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry! Oh, what wonderful features! I just love your party and am so glad to be able to come today.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Sherry, Wonderful Party! Love all the inspirational features! Thanks for always hosting!

Jody

Unknown said...

Sherry, thank you so much for featuring my post...I am beyond excited! I can't tell you how much I appreciate and love all of the comments and views.

Kelly @ Babiole de Windsor

Geneva said...

Everything looks so appetizing in your beautiful photographs. Yum!
Your features this week are very nice ... Thank you for hosting Home Sweet Home, it's always fun!
Blessings!
Geneva

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for another awesome party! I love the red transferware and the great features. Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs
Kathy

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Thank you for hosting this great party, Sherry. I'm anxious to start visiting the other attendees! ~Zuni

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love the features! Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

JP said...

Wonderful features! thanks for hosting...have a great weekend!

Tina said...

Thank you for hosting. Great features.

Diann said...

Hi Sherry! Thank you for the feature.I am not sure which I love more, your transferware dishes or that pineapple upside down cake! That is my all time favorite cake and Troy makes it for my birthday every year! Thank you for hosting.

Jeannie and Linda said...

Wow ,Sherry! So many talented bloggers! Can't wait to explore.

Thanks for hosting a beautiful party! Have a great weekend.

Linda and Jeannie@ The French Hens Nest

Katarina said...

Sherry, thank you for the awesome recipes and for hosting! :-)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sherry, great features and you've cooked up a couple of tasty dishes. I haven't make pineapple upside down cake in years. Might need to!
hugs,
Jann

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Thank you for hosting, Sherry. There are always so many lovely things to see here!

Jeanette @ Creating A Life

J9sHappiness said...

Happy Sunday! Thanks for hosting the party - I'm really happy to join in. I adore your photography! J9 x

The Farmers Daughter said...

What a wonderful honor to be featured with so many other fantastic posts! Thank you so much! I didn't link up this week but am enjoying all the others!
Blessings!
Dru

Micupoftea said...

Nice features! Enjoy the end of January~
Shawn