Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summery Vignette

I have been wanting to create this vignette all summer.  I am ready for fall but, I haven't given up on summer yet.

I have a few of my favorite beachy decor books; Waterside Cottages and Mary Emmerling's Beach Cottages.  The backdrop is a vintage travel poster from Hawaii.

The makeover is the candle sticks.  I painted them with gesso and a little pale gray paint mixed in today.  It dries really fast and distresses fantastic.  So, I just sanded them off and made this vignette.  I really liked how they turned out.

Here they are before.  I didn't use the middle one.  I find black candlesticks all of the time but, it is hard to find the distressed pale ones.  So, I painted mine and decided I could easily replace the black ones if I needed to.
Thanks for joining me today!
Sherry
I will link it to:
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Mod Mix Monday  at Mod Vintage Life 
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at The House in the Roses
Amaze Me Monday  at Dittle Dattle
Metamorphosis Monday  at Between Naps on the Porch

12 comments:

Mandy Jean said...

I love this! So summery and cool! Love the candlesticks.

Mandy
http://a37s42.blogspot.com/

Sunny Simple Life said...

This is so perfect for those hot August days. Yeah for you I saw your fabric pumpkins all over blogland!!

stefanie said...

gorgeous!!!!

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love the vignette - especially the candlesticks!
They look much better now that you have distressed them.
Liz & Shortbread & Ginger

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Very pretty summer vingette. I'm going to give gesso a try, haven't used it yet, but I like the affect it creates.

hugs
Sissie

The Tablescaper said...

I'm loving your summer vignette and I'm NOT ready for Fall.

Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I love this transformation, Sherry! The lighter ones work for me. Love your vignette too!

xinex said...

I really like how the candlesticks turned out. Pretty vignette, Sherry!...Christine

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Very pretty vignette Cherry. Your candlesticks look great, good job! Thanks for your lovely visit and sweet comments. Hugs, FABBY

Unknown said...

I'm not ready to let go of summer either , I love fall and hate winter . Love your candle sticks !
I'm your new follower .

The 2 Seasons said...

I love this, it looks great. I really love the poster, and it brings back memories when I lived in Hawaii.

http://www.the2seasons.com

Miss Kitty said...

SUCH an amazing transformation on those candlesticks! I had to keep going back between the before and after pictures several times to get in my head that those were indeed the same candlesticks. I saw this post over at Boogie board Cottage link party. Thank you so much for sharing your technique.