Thursday, June 30, 2011

Home Sweet Home #21

Hello and welcome to Home Sweet Home!  Today I created a little table for the backyard with a nautical mood.

I photographed this table three times, so it had varying set ups and lighting that I had tried at different times.  This version had a little sherbet with some strawberries and blueberries  in it.


The dishes were Pfaltzgraff, the goblets were French pressed glass, the silverware was from Better Homes and Gardens, the lantern was provided by CSN Stores, and the pewter mug is vintage, from 1976 bicentennial Wilton Armetale collection.

I hope everyone has a great 4th weekend!  Thanks for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Now, I would like to feature some wonderful post from last week's Home Sweet Home.  

Lisa at House Dressing had a beautiful courtyard she showed us.  Click the link to view.

 Next, Delusions of Grandeur showed off a Shabby Chic guestroom that was complete, even with a Marie Atoinette dress form.  Click the link to view. 

Next, Debbie over at Debbie-Dabble showed us her porch and patio.  Click the link to view.

 Komali Nunna from Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen showed us rock planters for succulents for a Father's Day table and some amazing food.  Click the link to view.

And last Diann from The Thrifty Groove showed us a wonderful Italian tablescape with some woven place mats she found for 98 cents.  Click the link to view.
Now onto today.
I will join these ladies today:
Seasonal Sundays  at The Tablescaper
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Vintage Patriotic Party at Common Ground
Feathered Nest Fridayat French Country Cottage
Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party:
Attention: To link up with inlinkz you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or they will not allow you to link.  If you find your link deleted, add the link, and then try again.  (I have been deleting a few links.  Inlinkz sets the rules.)
My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes!


34 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

You have a perfect holiday display. So many creative people link up with you. Love Debbie's porch.
Brenda

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Your daisies with that flag is so smart and cheery looking! Your whole look is so summery fresh! Thanks for hosting, Sherry! Have a great holiday!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Sherry, your table is wonderful, that photo with the lit candle in the lantern is magazine material!!! Thanks for the great party, xoxo Debra

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely features, I have visited few of them.. so inspiring! Love your basket weave china and your french pressed goblets are my favorite. Your beachy tablecloth is perfect for this tablescape.Thanks for being a wonderful hostess each week. I enjoy your fun party! Happy 4th to you!~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Nice features! I love the guest room post! Thank you for hosting. Have a wonderful 4th. weekend! Lots of hugs, FABBY

The French Hutch said...

What a great fourth of July celebration you have. Love the liberty bell on the mug. The daisies are one of my favorites and the little flag the perfect touch.
Happy Fourth of July

~Emily
The French Hutch

Decor To Adore said...

Summertime and the living is lovely at your home!

Happy 4th!

Blondie's Journal said...

Perfect summer table! I love the flag paired with the daisies! That idea just may make it to my table!! Love everything, Sherry!

XO,
Jane

Diann said...

Hi Sherry! A perfect summer holiday table! I am in LOVE with that large lantern! It is gorgeous! Thank you so much for the feature! And thank you fo hosting. I hope you and your family have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend Sherry! Thank you for hosting!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Fantastic features~ thanks so much for hosting! :)

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Love your patriotic flair! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Hugs,
Donna

bj said...

These are beautiful photos.
Thanks so much for hosting.
xo bj

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry! Oh, what a sweet table you've set! Hope your weather will be cool enough for you to enjoy it! Thank you for hosting this parting and I'm attending today!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Great features, Sherry! And your photos are always so pretty! But now...I need to go see if there are any blueberries left! lol Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Your setting is so beautiful...picture perfect! I just love your blog.

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Wasn't that dress amazing? I thought it was so pretty.

Love your pewter tankard, Sherry.

Have a safe and happy 4th!

Nancy

Olga Poltava said...

Hello Sherry,
Beautiful photos! I especially like the first one.
I'm going away for the weekend, so I will wish you a wonderful 4th of July now.
Olga

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sherry,
What a beautiful tablescape!! The lantern is phenomenal!!
Thanks so much for featuring my post from last week!! I am so honored!!

Thanks for hosting this fun party!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Thanks so much for hosting. I love the projects featured here!

Annette said...

I just adore the pewter with the daisies and the flag!

Debbie said...

Hope this isn't a double post. If so, please delete one of them. I had a little trouble getting a comment to fly.

I love the way your table is not only fresh and patriotic, but it also has a colonial feel to it with that tankard. Very pretty!

I hope to chisel out some time for some link hopping this weekend. Blog parties are alwasy so full of inspiration!

Martha said...

I always enjoy your photos! Thanks for sharing them and for hosting! Happy weekend!

Lynn said...

Your tablescape is so pretty. I love the daisies paired with the little flag. So sweet. Have a happy 4th of July weekend and thanks for hosting.
~Lynn
www.cottageandcreek.com

Unknown said...

I so love your lantern. Large enough for the candle and some special items. Your table is truly "the charm of home"
Thanks for sharing.
Have a great holiday weekend.
Michele

Kathy said...

Hello Sherry,
The table looks fantastic! Love the daisies and the lantern is beautiful!
Kathy

Concetta said...

Dear Sherry,
What a lovely table you have set! Thank you for hosting and sharing! My week is always highlighted by visiting your beautiful blog!
Enjoy the holiday weekend and be abundantly blessed!
<><
Concetta

Cass @ That Old House said...

LOVE the table -- I love "basket" bordered china; the only ones I have are dinner plates from Dollar Tree, but I keep my eyes out for a bargain in better quality ones.

Yours are gorgeous -- beautiful finish on them.

Love the lantern ... and I hope you don't mind if I steal the idea to tuck shells into one that I have!

All the best -- and thanks for hosting!
Cass

Sarah said...

Sherry, your table looks like a perfect setting for alfresco dining during the summer. Love the lantern with the shells tucked in.
Thanks for hosting and have a happy 4th. ~ Sarah

Katherines Corner said...

Oh this does look lovely. Perfect for the holiday weekend too. You have an excellent eye. Hugs!

Fishtail Cottage said...

Coming over from Common Ground's link party to see your Festive post! Adore the pewter mug... xoxo, tracie

Susan Freeman said...

Love your beautiful tablescape! Have a happy 4th!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Marlis said...

Loved all renditions of your table.. I'ts so fourth! Happy fourth, many blessings, marlis

The Tablescaper said...

Great table. Love the lantern.

Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper