Thursday, March 31, 2011

Home Sweet Home #8

I have been looking for a display box for awhile.  I found this little gem at TJ Maxx.  I loved that it had a nautical  look about it.  I am changing the fabric in the future for a different look. 


But, right now I am really enjoying this beachy  look.  I have put some of my favorite shells and some postcards from Hawaii in it.  The postcards were from our honeymoon 20 years ago this year, so I guess that can qualify as vintage. 

Just looking at it helps me get in a summery mood.  
Thank you to everyone participating in Home Sweet Home!  I have enjoyed visiting you very much!
I will also join these sweet ladies at their homes, go and visit them.
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at My French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground 
My Favorite Things at Bargain Hunting and Chatting with Laurie
Open House Thursday  at No Minimalist Here
Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party:
Please link up your intended post and not just your blog.  Link up something from your home or your garden that you would like to share. (vignettes, food, makeovers, projects, vintage, photography, flowers, etc.) 
Please put a link or my button IN your post so others can find it and join in. The button is on my sidebar.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Try to mingle and visit other participants.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes!



27 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

That is super cute Sherry! Thanks for hosting.

xinex said...

Love it, Sherry! It's beautiful!...Christine

Olga Poltava said...

Hello Sherry,
your display box is very pretty. I love its nautical theme. Thank you for hosting the link party; it's always so much fun to join you.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Great shadowbox with the nautical theme. really cute, thanks so much for a great party!!
hugs,
Debra

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

What a fabulous find. I heard some people had great luck at TJ's lately. I love that store, and you made yours beachy, which is awesome.

Nancy's Notes said...

I'm loving your summer treasures, they are awesome! Thank you for hosting this great party!

Nancy

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Very cute, Sherry. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

How pretty, Sherry! I have noticed a lot of "beachiness" at Pottery Barn, too! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Sarah said...

Sherry, 20 years ~ congratulations! The shadow box is a great idea for adding extras to favorite photos. Great idea, and nice that you can change it up for different seasons. Thanks for hosting. ~ Sarah

Lynn said...

Lovin' your cute display box Sherry, such a nice way to enjoy special memories! Congrats on 20 years:@)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Ready to partaay? The keyboard will be hot tonite! Love your shadow box, but you know how I love shells. Thanks a bunch, Sherry!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

What a sweet box for special mementos! Thank you for hosting again Sherry!

No name said...

Hi there,
I'm new over at your place. Love your beach shadow box. I'm one that has beach cottage decor envy. I'll be back soon to visit others in the party and to take a peek through your archives. Since I'm your newest follower you'll see me on occasion.

Blessings my new friend,
Shanna
www.revampedfrenchmaison.com

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That is so cute, Sherry! Love how it turned out with your treasures added to it!

XO,

Sheila :-)

bj said...

I do love your pretty shadow box..glad you found it.
Thanks, girl, for hosting this fun meme.
xoxo

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Hi Sherry thanks so much for hosting! Have a great weekend, Martina

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Sherry! Your treasures look wonderful in the new display box. I love decorating with shells and this project is so cute. Thanks for joining my party.
xo,
Sherry

Jacqueline said...

What a fun shadow box. I think they are just little jewels and capture the flavor of a vacation. Thanks for hosting.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Sherry,
What a great find..I love a shadow box too. They are so much fun to decorate with. I have been enjoy the beach theme also and have used it in my master bathroom..I enjoyed my visit with you today.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Completely Coastal said...

I'm so loving your box!! I have to keep my eyes open for something like that! Glad I found you and could share some of my coastal creations -thanks!!

Concetta said...

I love the creative way you displayed your treasures! I look forward to visiting your charming home every week - I am always inspired!
<><
Concetta

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Sherry, this turned out so pretty. How great that the frame has a rope look on it. Perfect for your nautical display. I'm so glad you'll be linking this to Favorite Things. Thanks for hosting. laurie

Brenda Pruitt said...

Now that is really cute and summery to boot!
Brenda

xinex said...

I know I am a little late but I just linked...Christine

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary Sherry, to you and your wonderful husband. In your honor, I added a little beach something to the link party. Thank you so much for hosting! Lots of lovely blogs. -Diane

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Such a cute display box- all linked up! Thanks for coming over and sharing at FNF and thanks for hosting! :)

Unknown said...

Dear Sherry, Looks like we both are in the Nautical Theme this week. I love the Star Fish. They have always been a favorite. This is a beautiful display box. And I see it's your Anniversary..Happy Anniversary and I hope you enjoyed celebrating..
~Shirley