How have you been? I have been on hiatus trying to learn to make sourdough. You can definitely emphasize the "trying to learn." I have been successful with sourdough in the bread maker, but then that is cheating, sort of. So anyway, I will soldier on. I am sure I can master it. Meanwhile, so the family didn't starve, I made a pile of brown bananas into banana chocolate chip muffins. If I put enough chocolate in baked goods, my family will eat it, and I had never posted banana muffins before, so here you go.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 or more muffins (regular muffin tin size)
Ingredients:
3/4 cup softened butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips tossed with a tablespoon flour
extra chocolate chips for tops of muffins
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl add granulated sugar, brown sugar, and softened butter. Use an electric mixer and cream the butter and the sugar for a minute on medium speed.
Then add to the bowl the vanilla, the 2 large eggs, and combine them with the butter and sugar on medium speed. Now in a separate bowl mash the four ripe bananas. Then add them to the batter bowl. Now add the dry ingredients; all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt and mix them into the batter. Take the chocolate chips in a separate bowl and toss with a tablespoon of flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins while baking. The fold them in with a spatula. Pour the batter into regular muffin tins, lined with parchment cups if you prefer and top with extra chocolate chips. Bake at 350° F for 20-24 minutes, until the toothpick comes out clean of the batter.
Recipe adapted from: simplyhomecooked.com
Enjoy!
In Victory,
Sherry



No comments:
Post a Comment