Monday, October 14, 2024

My Favorite White Sandwich Bread

White Sandwich Bread
I have been in search of a stable white sandwich bread that wasn't sourdough. The family tired of sourdough, and I fell away from making it. Although I still like that recipe, there were complaints of it being drier than what they were used to, etc. Sourdough does tend to be chewy, and the typical loaf is tougher than standard white sandwich bread. This search led me to this recipe.

White Sandwich Bread
This bread is Joshua Weissman's Grocery Store White Bread. Now I want it easy, so I adapted it for a bread machine, and it turns out perfect every time!

White Sandwich Bread
This is as close as I can get to the grocery store white bread my family is used to, and it is really easy to make. You got to love that! 

My Favorite White Sandwich Bread

Ingredients:
3/4 cup of water
1/2 cup of whole milk
2 1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
3 1/4 cup of bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
3 tablespoons butter, softened

Place all ingredients into the bread maker as directed by manufacturer's instructions. I have a Hamilton Beach bread maker, and it recommends the wet, the dry, and the yeast last. Pick your settings. For this loaf you will pick the basic white bread setting,  the desired crust color (I always pick light) and the size of the loaf. This loaf is 1 1/2 pounds. Turn it on. That is it. I check the machine maybe twice to make sure the flour is fully incorporated and that it is rising as it should and just wait for it to bake. When baked, I remove the loaf pan and wait 5 minutes, and then shake the loaf out onto a cooling rack to cool the rest of the way. I will wait for the loaf to be completely cool before cutting. I often put it in a zip-loc bag and cut it the next day. If it isn't going to be eaten right away, I put it in the freezer. If it stays on the counter, it will last about 5 days. 

White Sandwich Bread
This bread toasts perfectly! It is a treat to eat! 
Recipe adapted from: Joshua Weissman

In Victory,
Sherry

No comments: