Monday, June 27, 2016

June Visual Tea/Garden Journal

June Visual Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home
Today I am trying a new thing inspired from The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady by Edith Holden.  I have seen this book many times on other blogs.  I have taken the inspiration of this naturalist's journal and used it as concept for my tea. I have always wanted to start a garden journal but, I will never sketch it...ever. So, why not use the flowers, herbs, vegetables, and fruit from my yard in pictures that create a visual journal that I can keep and take notes on.  
   
June Visual Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home
And, of course while I am pondering all of this I am having tea!  The teacup is by Grace's Teaware.  What's in my cup?  A raspberry leaf tea of course.

June Visual Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home
Here; at the end of June, in my garden I have daisies, roses, zinnias, buddleia, dill, lemon thyme, and wild blackberry.   

June Visual Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home
That is just a few of the plants that started blooming at the end of June.  Now, I am eager to see what's blooming in July! 

Sherry

I will link this to:
  
There Is No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
Home & Garden Thursdayat A Delightsome Life
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
The Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings- The Heart of  Your Home
Roses of Inspiration at The Enchanting Rose
Vintage Charm at Charm Bracelet Diva
The Homemaking Party at Classical Homemaking
Thoughts of Home at Decor to Adore
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Friday
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cupof Mrs. Olsen
What To Do Weekends at Shoestring Elegance
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

Rose Garden Malevik Saturday Showoff
June Garden Party with Friends at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen
The Scoop at Stonegable
Best of the Weekend with Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

28 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Sherry, your post is lovely visually with that pretty teacup and your plants arranged around the book. Your garden sounds delightful!

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

Your photographs here are so lovely. I am envious of all your gorgeous flowers!

Eilis said...

I think your photographic journal is beautiful.

JES said...

I am in LOVE with this idea! Thank you for sharing it on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

Margie said...

So pretty!

20 North Ora said...

Sherry - Gorgeous photos.

Judy

quakerhillfarm said...

What a beautiful way to remember what was in the garden! I love to journal, so I might have to give this a try. Have a great week, Lynn

Stacey said...

Hi Sherry. This is so pretty. At our last house, I did keep a garden journal but haven't thought to do that at this one. It's a fun way to plot out your hopes and dreams for your garden and then see it all happen...or change the plans as needed. :)

So glad you shared this at the garden party. Sharing on Facebook tomorrow.

Mia Coman said...

Beautiful and tasty - two mandatory ingredients for summer! It can not be anything more wonderful than to enjoy your special tea in a cup and surrounded by flowers and favorite books.
A wonderful summer, I wish!
Regards, Mia

Bernideen said...

Dear Sherry:
I love your posting with the journal - yes - like many, I have posted with it over the years as it is beautiful. Your post gets an A+ for sure!

Terri said...

Hello Sherry,
I love your inspired post here! The flowers look amazing with your beautiful tea cup. I love the same book, and have begun a herb journal. But it is slooooow going, lol. I really admire all the artwork and love this book too.
Hugs,
Terri

Cynthia said...

Sherry beautiful way for you to display your pretty garden. Enjoy your tea.

Been missing from blogging for a while but I'm back

Cindy

janice15 said...

I think that is a great idea. Love your photos very pretty.. And I'm glad to join you. Have a lovely day with love Janice

Blue Jeans And Teacups said...

Just gorgeous! Love the pictures. I have a couple of these books as well. Since they are duplicates. I like to tear pages out to wrap around gifts as a sweet surprise to the receiver. Looking forward to your July garden items as well.
Heather

Antiques And Teacups said...

Always a favorite book...I love to share for it. And your post is a gorgeous rendition of an inspired tea. Just beautiful! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Your talent behind the camera is overwhelmingly beautiful.
I savored each photo and pinned many too!
I am so happy that you shared this at the garden party!
Jemma

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Afternoon Sherry, Visually the Garden Diary of an Edwardian Lady is beautiful and you have created an equally beautiful picture. I love this time of year when the flowers in the garden are in full bloom.
.... and your tea-cup and saucer, well, they are just perfect.
I have been having a little blogging break but I will be returning next week.
Best Wishes
Daphne

Rebecca said...

Wow! So many beautiful flowers!!! I'm back to blogging at a new blog home after a much needed break when life through me a curve ball. I hope you can come by and check out my new blog...and I'm so glad you were out having fun today!!!

Cottage Blessings,
Rebecca

Unknown said...

Rather than take apart my paperback edition I laid it open on my copier and printed the best pages (lots!) and wallpapered one small wall in my bathroom. It gets so many positive comments and no need for any art work.

Decor To Adore said...

Sherry I was so enchanted by your post that I had to order that wonderful garden journal. Thank you for the inspiration. Your post was like a lovely rose. Thank you for joining the garden party.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sherry, what a gorgeous image! Is it from that book that you mentioned? I've heard about it on other blogs. If so, I must get it. :) Your garden sounds lovely and the tea delicious! Thanks for sharing with the garden party. My daisies just started blooming today. Love them!
hugs,
Jann

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Sherry, these photos are exquisite. Great idea for journaling, and even prettier than sketches, I'm sure! I would love it if you linked this post up at Best of the Weekend on Fridays at 8pm!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Thank you for sharing at SYC! jo

Diana said...

Hi Sherry! I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed this post and that I'll be featuring it tomorrow at Vintage Charm :)

Our Hopeful Home said...

Sherry, I've always loved your gorgeous photography and lovely teacups. This post is no exception! I think your idea of a visual journal is marvelous. Can't wait to see July's bounty! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xoKathleen Charm Bracelet Diva {At Home}

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos! And the fact that the flowers came from your very own garden makes me like them even more. Thanks for sharing!

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

So happy to see that you linked up at Best of the Weekend! I will be featuring this pretty post tomorrow night!

JES said...

Good Monday to you! Just a note to let you know that this post has been *FEATURED* today on "The Art of Home-Making Mondays" at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! Thank you for joining us and we hope to have you share again! :)