Monday, October 27, 2014

Herb Drying

Herb Drying: The Charm of Home
Herb Drying: The Charm of Home
If you have a garden full of herbs like I have; before that first cold snap, it is nice to get them out of the garden and store them for winter recipes.  

Herb Drying: The Charm of Home
This is how I did it.  I just cut the herbs and washed them and patted them dry and then placed them in my dehydrator.  

Herb Drying: The Charm of Home
It only took 4-6 hours and I had perfectly dried herbs for storage.  I placed as many as I could in my Spode herb jars and the rest I stored in plastic bags or you could store them in herb jars from the grocery that you have recycled.   When I taste tested my herbs with the grocery store herbs there is just no comparison, fresh is best! 

Herb Drying: The Charm of Home

Enjoy!
Sherry
I will link this to:

Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm
Strut Your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters Stuff 
Homemaking Linkup at Hope In Every Season 
The Best Blog Recipes link party 
Anything Goes Party at Bacon Time with the Hungry Hypo
Sweet and Savoury Sunday at Baking in Pyjamas
Tickle My Taste Buds Tuesdays at Lori's Culinary Creations
Fridays Unfolded at Nancherrow
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
The Party Bunch Weekend Linky at The Idea Room
Weekend Retreat Linky Party at AKA Design and Life
Project Inspire at An Extraordinary Day
Totally Terrific Tuesday at Live Randomly Simple
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Foodie Friends Friday at Walking on Sunshine
The Inspiration Gallery at Craft Berry Bush

16 comments:

Deb said...

Oh my goodness, those jars are just gorgeous. Deb

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Sherry, loved the pretty blue and white jars. I just bought some herbs and spices does that count?
Hope you're well and enjoying the cooler weather!
Yours, Roxy

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Il est vrai que frais c'est meilleur, mais c'est mieux que rien !
En ce qui me concerne je congèle mes plantes aromatiques qui craignent le gel.

Gros bisous ♡

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Sherry, I have never dried my own herbs; but, you are making me want to try! I've still got some out back that I need to harvest.

Betty said...

I love those cute little herb jars. I lost my sage and rosemary plants this year and I miss them. Next year will buy some more to plant.

Eilis said...

If I had your beautiful jars, I might be inspired to do all this myself! I guess I'd need your beautiful garden too....

angie said...

wow, ich liebe das blaue geschirr!!! liebe grüße und einen schönen dienstag von angie aus deutschland

Season of Herbs... said...

A post near & dear to my heart. Lovely.

Pura Vida said...

pretty and delicious!

SImple and Serene Living said...

I wish I had a spot for an herb garden. How wonderful to have your own dried herbs all winter. xo Laura

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

I've never tried drying herbs. You make it look so easy. Those blue and white herb jars are wonderful!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Sherry, I love it. You are so ambitious. I wish I would be half that way. I have rosemary growing and I have never dried it. I just trudge through the mud and snow and rain when I need some during the winter. It has been growing for about 20 years so it is a good size bush that has been trimmed many times. Your herb jars are just beautiful..Happy Monday..Judy

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

I so have to head outside and collect my herbs since a frost is predicted for this week. I'm lucky that I have a professional stove and has a "hydrating" mode on it. Have a great week!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Such a great idea to use the dehydrator. I have one that I've never used. I might just try it for my mint and basil.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Your little herb jars are darling! Fresh dried herbs would be wonderful!

Crystelle Boutique said...

I love growing and drying herbs.... It makes cooking that much more special... And those jars... Oh my!! so pretty..... :)
xox, Crystelle
CrystelleBoutique