Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sweet September...

The Charm of Home: Apple Pie Bread
By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer's best of weather
And autumn's best of cheer.
~Helene Hunt Jackson


It is apple time and I cooked apple dishes all day on Labor Day.  I am always glad to turn the corner on September and begin the fall season, it is one of my favorite times of year.   

The Charm of Home: Apple Pie Bread
This was apple pie bread.  It was just as good as it looks.  I will share the recipe with you tomorrow.

Scotty Dogs Mug
My little tea mug was made by Creative Tops Ltd., it was called Scotty Dogs.
What is your favorite season?

Sherry
I will link this to:
  
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tea Cup Tuesday at Artful Affirmations
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Say G'Day at Natasha in Oz
Cottage Style Party at Lavender Garden Cottage 
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen
Your Going to Love it Tuesday At Kathe with an E
Project Inspire at Cupcakes and Crinoline
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict
Weekends are Fun Party at Oh My Heartsie Girl
Time Travel Tuesdays at Brambleberry Cottage

Fall Link Party at The Journey Back

17 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Spring. I could dwell there amongst the daffodils and the roses.

That bread looks yummy, and I love your rose-sprigged china, Sherry!

xo

Sheila :-)

Deb said...

I'm looking forward to the recipe. I love Fall, too. Bring it on. Deb

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Spring and Summer are my favourite seasons. Your apple pie bread looks so good, Sherry. The scottie dog cup is adorable and would my mother ever love it! She has always adored scottie dogs. Very pretty china. Thanks for coming to tea and Happy September!

Blessings,
Sandi

Cranberry Morning said...

Love that Scotty dog mug! My favorite season is fall, but it is followed way too soon by winter in our neck of the woods. :-(

Martha's Favorites said...

I just love the Scotty mug! So very cute! Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Bernideen said...

Now that is a very fun mug and what a wonderful bread - perfect for tea time!

Kim said...

Sherry, your dishes are always so eye catching! Love them!

Georgia Milton said...

Your mug is so sweet with these dogs on it :) The apple bread looks really good, i'm sure that its taste is awesome too!

Bexley Carpet cleaning

Beth in NEPA said...

Fall has always been my favorite season. And apples!!!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Love this cake. Hope to get the recipe too.
The mugs are gorgeous!
Hugs,
FABBY

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

I'm not ready for fall yet, but that apple cake could change my mind!

Carrie said...

Your apple break looks so yummy! Fall is my favorite time of year too. I'm definitely ready for it to be here. Have a great weekend!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sherry,
I LOVE Fall but right now , our temps. are close to 90 here in Pa. but it looks like we will have cooler temps. next week!! Thank Goodness!!

Thanks so much for your visit!!

Love your tea mug!!

Hugs,
Deb

Karren Haller said...

I think Fall is a favorite time of year for a lot o people, I just need to get in the act. Thanks for stopping by to share your post. Do you have the recipe for your feature? It looks yummy!

Enjoy your weekend, Happy Fall!
Karren
@Oh My Heartsie Girl

GranthamLynn said...

Oh this looks so yummy. Your photos are great. I would love you to join my Fall Linky Party!
Come by and check it out!
Have a great week.

http://myjourneyback-thejourneyback.blogspot.com/2014/09/welcome-fall-linky-party.html

Jacoba said...

The cake looks gorgeous, bet it tasted that way as well!
Such pretty Scotties, love the colour scheme of it all.
Joing you here for last week's Teacup Tuesday.
Have a nice week!
Jacoba

Antiques And Teacups said...

Your apple cake looks wonderful...a perfect fall treat...such a cute mug too! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth