Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Raspberries & Roses

Raspberry & Roses Tea at The Charm of Home
I had been picturing in my head for a couple of months to make this raspberry and roses cake.  It is a cake in the style of the naked cakes that I have been enamored with this year. 

Raspberry & Roses Tea at The Charm of Home
You can't make a cake this fancy and not have it with tea.  So, I pulled out all of my most romantic rosey dishes.  The little dessert plate is Limoges.

Raspberry & Roses Tea at The Charm of Home
I had every intention of using my own roses but, they weren't in bloom at the right time for embellishing this cake, so I used store bought roses instead.

Raspberry & Roses Tea at The Charm of Home
I love this new delicate little teacup I found at the thrift store with rose spilling down the side of it.  It is marked Bavaria.

Raspberry & Roses Tea at The Charm of Home
I have shown this little teapot before it is unmarked.

Raspberry & Roses Tea at The Charm of Home
The raspberries are in season and so fresh and juicy that anywhere I have cut into them on the cake they are dripping this bright red juice.  

Raspberry & Roses Tea at The Charm of Home
The cake is just a store mix chocolate cake with normal white whipped icing that I put about 4-5 drops of red food color in to make it pink.  I also cut raspberries in half and put them in a layer in the center of the cake on top of the middle layering of frosting.  I would place them there whole next time because they are dripping bright red juice from the center layer.  It bothers me when I look at the pictures.  Well I hope you have enjoyed my raspberry and roses tea.  Maybe it will inspire you to have a little break in your week and take a little time out from the chaos.  
 Sherry
I will link this to:
  
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tea Cup Tuesday at Artful Affirmations
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm

31 comments:

Denise said...

Your cake is beautiful, Sherry, as are your dessert plates and teacups! I don't even notice the dripping red raspberry juice, truly. :) Your pictures are lovely, and that teapot is GORGEOUS!! Love the lid and handle! Have a great day.

Denise at Forest Manor

Unknown said...

Just beautiful Sherry - love that you made the icing pink to match the roses!
xoxo

Karen said...

Oh Sherry,
Your pics are so gorgeous today! I love, love, love that teapot. Your dessert looks absolutely delish! How I wish I could come over for a visit with you. Hope your week is perfect! Karen

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a pretty post, Sherry! Your teapot is gorgeous and the other pieces are pretty too. Now about that cake! It's a beaut and every bit as delicious as it looks, I'm certain. I am loving these 'naked cakes' and I love adding roses and other posies too. They just make a tea look so special and very elegant. If you read my post you will know that I am taking a blogging break but I will leave my linky open till I get back. Happy Summer, my friend, and thank you for joining me for tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What a pretty cake Sherry...looks real yummy too!

Betty said...

That cake looks so good. It reminds me in part of what my Mom would make. Hers was white cake and she would make the old fashion icing with sugar and egg whites.

Sandra said...

Beautiful Tea Pot and the cake is wonderful. Roses top everything off so nicely. I truly love what you have put together...

Poppy said...

Hi Sherry,

Such a pretty cake! It could easily be a painting or an illustration for a children's book, it's so adorable!! You make the most magnificent sweets!

Poppy

Judy Pimperl said...

Your "naked" cake is just gorgeous! It's making me want raspberries NOW...Very pretty pics.
judypimperl.blogspot.com

Gina said...

That cake looks delicious! It's also very pretty! I love that teapot.

Sarah said...

It may be made from a mix, but it sure looks yummy.
Beautiful post!

Rosemary and Thyme said...

What a gorgeous post. That cake cooks divine. Almost too pretty to eat. And that tea pot is stunning. It has all the colors that I love.

Thanks for sharing. Please stop by for a visit.

Janet

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos! Oh I wish I could try that cake. Beautiful vignette!

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Les photos de ce gâteau sont extraordinaires.
Comment ne pas avoir envie de venir partager une tasse de thé avec vous ?...

Je vous souhaite un bel été.
Gros bisous ♡

Bernideen said...

You do such a lovely job with food presentation! A lovely posting and so glad you linked to Tea In The Garden!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So pretty it would be hard to cut into it...but I definitely would, it looks YUMMY!
Blessings,
Cindy

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Sherry, How pretty and so welcoming! Love the tea cup and the tea pot! I have missed you! I have had a lovely, but busy summer as we all are! Happy Summer Days to you!
Keep in touch...
Blessings, Roxy

Carrie said...

Beautiful cake (and photos!). Your rose china pieces are a very pretty mix. I hope you have a great week :)

Deborah Montgomery said...

Such a gorgeous cake Sherry! Everything I love -- roses, raspberries, chocolate, and vintage china. The china is exquisite. Would love to have tea with you. And aren't the raspberries wonderful right now?

Preppy Empty Nester said...

What a positively gorgeous cake!! And I have a feeling it's as good as it looks!

Pura Vida said...

looks like sweet summertime

A Joyful Cottage said...

I am totally coveting that sweet little teapot, Sherry. Fabulous!

Beth in NEPA said...

That cake is Beautiful and tasty no doubt!! I miss being able to walk out into my garden and pick raspberries. We had several bushes when we lived in Maine and I dearly loved them. Haven't been able to cultivate them here for some reason.

Creations By Cindy said...

The cake is so pretty! Wish I had a slice with my cup of coffee right about now. LOVE your teacup and saucer. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Beautiful cake and precious tea set! So pretty!
Blessings, Nancy

Bonnie said...

Beautiful cake and it looks so moist and delicious. Chocolate and raspberries are my fave.

Pretty tea set. Such a lovely romantic setting. I must pin this gorgeous post.

thepaintedapron.com said...

stunning! I didn't know this was called a naked cake!
Jenna

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Wonderfully creative and delicious!

Antiques And Teacups said...

Perfectly luscious! Your pretty roses and gorgeous cake are a delight! Love the shape of the teapot! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for linking with Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

Wonderful teatime! and the juice of the berries adds to the enticing..
thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

Martha's Favorites said...

That teapot is breathe taking. I love it! Everything goes perfect with that stunning cake. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha