Friday, March 28, 2014

Home Sweet Home #163

Lemon Cake Tea: The Charm of Home
Hello and welcome to Home Sweet Home!  This week I had a Lemon Cake Tea.

Lemon Pound Cake: The Charm of Home
I made a lemon cake that my family really liked in Ina's Lemon Pound Cake.

Spring Collage: The Charm of Home
I made a Spring Collage out of some of my photographs and posted it with a Dickens quote.

Fairy Cakes with Pixie Dust: The Charm of Home
We also had a tea party and celebrated with these cupcakes.

There are so many great creative ideas, recipes, and beautiful homes at The Home Sweet Home party each week. Here are some of the great blogger's post that caught my eye from last week's Home Sweet Home.

Spring Mantel
Diane, at Extraordinary Day created this Simple, Dramatic White Mantel for Spring.  I loved the simplicity and composition of this.

Union Jack Painted Dresser
Suzan, at Simply Vintageous gave makeovers to several pieces of furniture and this was my favorite in: A Day in the Life of....a furniture painter.

Cooking with Edible Flowers
Mary, at Home is Where the Boat Is is always cooking up something stunning, but she really outdid hereself in this post where she cooked with edible flowers: in Swing into Spring: A Roundup of Spring Recipes & Inspiration.

Vintage Strawberry Crate Styling
Patti, at Old Things New created this little bit of Happiness in a Vintage Strawberry Crate.

Craft: French Script Bottle
Nancy, at A Joyful Cottage covered a wine with French script in My $2 Rustic Stool and French Script Bottle.


There were so many beautiful posts and wonderful food!   It is really hard to feature a few and, remember to be featured you must have a link back to the Home Sweet Home party.   Thank you to everyone who joins me at Home Sweet Home!  It is wonderful to have you here!
  Sherry


Follow me on Twitter  

Follow me on Facebook 

Follow me on Pinterest 


Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party: 


Attention: To link up you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or you won't be featured.



Link up anything in your home or garden.  I love seeing home tours and neat shops too!
My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower. Please don't link up more than two posts.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes, delicious recipes, crafts, or whatever makes your home special!

 *If you are pinning a post submitted here, please pin from the original site.


22 comments:

Deborah Montgomery said...

Thank you for hosting Sherry! That pound cake looks so delicious! Looking forward to visiting the lovely links!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the feature - what an honor to be included amongst such great ones!
And many thanks for another wonderful party - hope you have a Spring like
weekend!
Hugs,
Suzan

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sherry,
I am glad it's Friday! We had been bracing ourselves all week for a spring blizzard and it arrived on Wednesday. Shut the Island down for two days. School's been closed for three days and I'm sure the children are happy! Almost two feet of snow and hurricane force winds were hard to handle this time of year but at least we didn't lose our power. I just want to think about the nice weather ahead. Your post helps with all the lovely features and your own. Have a wonderful weekend, my friend, and thanks for hosting.

Blessings,
Sandi

Lady of the Manor said...

That lemon cake is so yummy! Loved the recipe!! Thanks for hosting.

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Sherry, thank you so much for featuring my spring mantel! I so appreciate this lovely blessing. :)

I hope this weekend brings you sunshine and warm temps and a bit of Spring!! :)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I always leave here so hungry! Love that adorable crate too! Thanks so much Sherry! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry! Oh, that lemon cake looks so good. I make one that is a copy cat of the lemon loaf from Starbucks and it's so good. My mouth is watering. Thank you so much for hosting and I'm so glad I can play this week.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia;O

Donna Wilkes said...

Thank you for hosting!

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting! Have a great weekend!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Sherry, your photos are all so lovely. Your lemon cake looks beautiful and oh so delicious! I think I have told you before how I love your JB Coaching scene china.
Thanks so much for hosting and have a great weekend.
Gina

Diann said...

Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!

Kim said...

Sherry, thanks for the party! I just love all those pretty flowers~ they make the food look even more delish! Nancy's bottle is a favorite of mine, too! She is a crafty lady! Have a great weekend! :)

Natasha in Oz said...

G'Day from Oz lovely lady! Many thanks for hosting again. I love your cake pictures this week-those cupcakes are so pretty!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Unknown said...

Hi Sherry - I am thrilled that you've featured my vintage strawberry crate this week. Thank you so much for thinking of me! I love everything you've been up to this past week and your pictures are stunning. Here's hoping you have a fantastic weekend.
Blessings,
Patti

JP said...

Oh, how I love lemon cake...I'm drooling right now!
Thanks for hosting...I hope that you are enjoying your weekend!

Lynda Brandly said...

Thank you for hosting, Sherry!
love and blessings~
Lynda @ Gates of Crystal

Lavender and Linen said...

Thank you for hosting! I love your blog!

Abby said...

Thank you for hosting!

Nancy said...

Wow! I'm so blessed to have my little French script bottle included with these other fabulous features. So many talented and inventive women link up here. I truly am honored. Thanks a bunch, Sherry. Have a great week! ~ Nancy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting the party Sherry! Have a great week!

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Thanks for hosting, Sherry! I can't wait to check out your cake recipe. Have a great week. ~ Jamie

Denise said...

Thank You for visiting Me and commenting on My post.I have enjoyed all Your pretty photos,and the cake looks gorgeous and yummy :) Denise