Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Roasted Asparagus

Jodi over at Successful Secrets shared some Yummy Roasted Asparagus at the Home Sweet Home party last week and I happened on fresh asparagus at the grocery and decided to try her recipe.  I have a lot of food allergies so I didn't make it exactly like she did but, I used her roasting technique and I have to admit I am a fan of this.  I love any veggie roasted and I was surprised how tender the asparagus was when cooked this way.  

Ingredients:
1 bunch of fresh cut asparagus
1 tablespoon of olive oil
sea salt

Line a baking sheet with tin foil and preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Wash and pat dry the asparagus and cut the bottom inch off of the asparagus shoots.  Place the asparagus on the foil lined baking sheet.  Toss with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.  Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes depending on how crunchy or softened you like your asparagus.  I like mine cooked for about 30 minutes.  It softens the asparagus and makes the tips caramelized and crunchy.  

Yield: 2-4 servings



Enjoy!
Sherry
I will link this to:
 
Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm 
Strut Your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters Stuff 
Homemaking Linkup at Hope In Every Season 
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays
A Pinteresting Party  at Tutus & Tea Parties
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style 
The Best Blog Recipes link party
Home at Rose Chintz Cottage

6 comments:

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

This looks delicious!

Ivy and Elephants said...

I cook my this way, too, and I love it! I roast it until it's crunchy! I snack it like chips, yum!
Veggies rock!
Hugs,
Patti

The Tablescaper said...

I too love asparagus this way too! Love the presentations.

- The Tablescaper

Aida said...

Yummy asparagus, one of my favourite veggies. The simpler they are cooked the better.

Enjoy

Unknown said...

We love asparagus in our house! I'll have to give it a try. I'd also love if you'd stop by and link up at my link party Feed Me Friday

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Mmm! This sounds really good. I love asparagus and I have never cooked it this way before. Thanks for sharing at my HOME.

Blessings,
Sandi