Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sweet Treat

Today I have styled up my cup of hot chocolate with some valentines.  This hot chocolate is so good.  It reminds me of the chocolate Vianne(Juliette Binoche) made for Roux(Johnny Depp) in the movie Chocolat.



 Hot Chocolate 
Yields: 4 servings

Ingredients:
4 oz. Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup half-and-half
1 tablespoon amaretto or imitation almond extract(may omit)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup whipped cream

Directions:
In a saucepan over low heat, bring chocolate and half-and-half to simmer, whisking constantly.  Simmer 1 minute or until mixture thickens slightly.  Remove from heat; whisk in extract and amaretto.
Pour into four 1/2 cup demitasse or coffee cups.  Top each with 2 TB whipped cream, dust with unsweetened cocoa (if desired).  Serve immediately.

Sherry
I will link this to:

 Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life
Table Top Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life
Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm 
Strut Your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters Stuff 
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Sunny Simple Sundays  at Sunny Simple Life
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
Homemaking Linkup at Hope In Every Season

14 comments:

Bernideen said...

Just love that little shell box - please come post on my "Friends Sharing Tea". Very darling post!

Anonymous said...

What a beautifully set tray and presentation, Sherry. That hot chocolate looks yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
melinda

Tanya Rachelle said...

Beautiful post! I love the sea theme... cups and vintage Valentines. The hot cocoa looks lovely too! Beautiful tea cups!
~Tanya

Linda said...

LOVE the movie "Chocolat". I have watched it over and over and never tire of it. I have given several copies along with a supply of chocolate as theme gifts for Valentine's Day! Think I'll go watch it now! Lol Thanks for a lovely post. YUM!
Linda at Beautiful Ideas

Sylvia said...

Looks so good! Love your teacup too.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sherry,
I hope you are feeling better, my friend. Wintertime is hard on a lot of folks. Your hot chocolate sounds delish! And I do love that sweet heart box adorned with shells. I have featured it on my HOME party this week. Have a lovely day and take care of yourself!

Blessings,
Sandi

Diann said...

Such a pretty setting! And this recipe sounds so good!

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Sherry, I've tried to leave a comment twice and it disappears in the middle of my typing it! Anyway, it all looks fabulous!

Jeanette

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh, What a pretty Valentine's post. I love all your romantic vintage touches...And, nothing speaks more of Valentines than chocolate!
Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

I loved that movie! And what a beautiful setting you have put together! Yum!

sparklegem said...

That hot chocolate looks so good! I'll have to try it! Very nice Valentine's post.

CraveCute said...

Your table settings are beautiful! I love your hot chocolate recipe with the almond flavoring, sounds delicious! I also love the movie Chocolat! Several years ago, I tried to rent the movie and no one had it on the shelves. I actually purchased the DVD and watch it (while consuming lots of chocolate) annually with my girl friends just before Lent!

Sarah Coller said...

Yum! Thanks so much for linking up to my homemaking weekend. Love that little whipped cream heart you made there...super cute!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Sherry....I just noticed this post on your sidebar. Your cocoa sounds delightful! When I was in college toured around Europe. One cold spring day, in Paris, I stopped someplace and ordered a cocoa. I grew up drinking real cocoa...but this really was drinking chocolate served in a demitasse cup. Oh my!!! It was amazing. I think I need to try your version...I bet it's very similar.
Blessings!