Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Slow Cooker Lasagna

Sometimes I just like to put all the ingredients for a lasagne into a crock pot and wait for it to cook.  This way I don't have to dirty a lot of pans to create one of my family's favorite Italian dishes.  


Ingredients

1 pound of ground chuck
1-28 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
9 lasagna noodles
1-15 ounce ricotta cheese
2 teaspoons of dried Italian seasoning
3/4 cup of water
1-4 ounce can of mushrooms (optional)
3 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)

Cook beef and Italian seasoning in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles; drain.  Combine spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, seasoned meat, and water in a bowl.  Layer thinly in bottom of lightly greased 4-quart electric slow cooker: 3 uncooked lasagna noodles, sauce mixture, cottage cheese, and mozzarella cheese.  Repeat for each layer (around 3 layers).  Cover and cook on high setting for one hour; reduce heat and cook on low setting for five hours.  Can do ahead and store in fridge.  
Serves 6-8
 Sherry
I will link this to:
Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm 
Strut Your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters Stuff 
Homemaking Linkup at Hope In Every Season 
Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky at Your Home Based Mom  
On the Menu Monday at Stonegable 
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
A Pinteresting Party  at Tutus & Tea Parties
Home at Rose Chintz Cottage  

17 comments:

Bernideen said...

This sounds great - never done this in a slow cooker but it sounds terrific!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh my word! This recipe sounds and looks great, as I just acquired a pressure cooker for half price and I'm loving it!! i will make it soon and tell you how it went. I have a post with my new finds and one is a Presto pressure cooker at half price...come over and look! Thanks for sharing this recipe. Big hugs,
FABBY

FABBY'S LIVING said...

OMG! blogger swallowed my comment!! Anyway, I said I love this recipe and that it looks and sounds fabulous! Thank you for the recipe. Big hugs,
FABBY

Katieannsmama said...

This sounds so good and easy, thanks for the recipe!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Mmmmm, looks wonderful! I love things that can be cooked in the slower cooker. So much easier to clean and all the flavors seem to just taste better!

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

will have to try the slow cooker! pinning, thanks

martinealison said...

Bonjour,
Il est préférable de cuisiner ses propres lasagnes que de les acheter tout prêts au risque d'y retrouver de la viande de cheval à son insu...

Une recette qui me semble tellement savoureuse!
gros bisous

Cranberry Morning said...

I just saw this recipe on Mr. Food on TV last night. I am definitely making this over the weekend. How easy is that! And my usual recipe for lasagna is so labor intensive. This looks so easy. :-)

Eileen said...

I'm going to have to try this in a slow cooker. Thanks for sharing!

ChRiS said...

looks very tasty and i always love a good crock pot recipe.......marking this for a must make....prolly next week again ty for sharing.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I'll have to give this a try, Sherry! Your photo of it is mouth-watering!!

Ann said...

Thank you for the recipe, I am going to try this. It looks delicious too. I have a beautiful blog candy up on my blog right now if your interested, here's the link, http://theantiquewardrobe.blogspot.com/

Two Cottages And Tea said...

This will be perfect for me in Florida right now!
We are in a RV and we've had some cool days. Thank you for sharing!
Nancy

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I make lasagna often but never in a slow cooker. Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing the recipe and enjoy the rest of your week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

This looks so good...!!

Anonymous said...

Slow cooker lasagne was a topic of discussion between friends the other day - yours looks quite delicious. Looks like it's not absorbed all the sauce - that drives me nuts when that happens. I'll save your recipe in my Ziplist recipes.
Thanks!
Coming here by way of Sarah's Homemaking Linkup
Jenn
(My main blog does the sign off here in comments, but I have a post directing to my post that I'm sharing w/Sarah's links.)

Sarah Coller said...

Isn't this such a great dish to make! Everyone loves lasagna...so good for potlucks, dinner, whatever. Pinning! :)

Sarah