Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Mantel '12

Here is my Christmas mantel for 2012.  This shows it with the lights on and you can see the lights on the tree reflected in the print.  That may be all you see of the tree this year.  I have decorated and redecorated that tree twice and the lights keep blowing out.  I am afraid I have thrown in the towel on it.  The guys in the house haven't even noticed...and couldn't care.:)

Here with the lights off you can see what I have done better.  I took a 6 foot lighted, decorated garland, and centered it over the mantel.  Then I took each hanging part on each side and wrapped it up on the mantel with a little twist on the center of the garland.  This keeps all the decorations up high on the mantel.   I babysit through the week so, I had to come up with decorations that would be toddler proof.   Then I just took some tin snips and cut my hydrangeas into separate flowers and tucked them in the garland.  That's it!

The garland on top of then print is real from Lowes.  It was really long and has gone a long way to decorate the house.   I took a five foot section of this, cut it in half,  and arranged it  so the garland would drape properly on the frame.  I just wired it back together with pipe cleaners and placed it on the frame. 
Have you been busy decking the halls?
Sherry
I will join:
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Mod Mix Monday  at Mod Vintage Life
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Sunny Simple Sundays  at Sunny Simple Life
Share Your Cup Thursday  at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
Mantel Party at The Lettered Cottage 
Vignettes and Mantels at Savvy Southern Style
Natural Decor at Fishtail Cottage

17 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Sherry, your mantel is beauitful! Love the greenery swag over the picture; and the hydrangeas are such a lovely accent. Very pretty!

Jan Hermann said...

Hi Sherry,

I love that print and what you've done with the greens on it and the mantel - it's lovely!!

About the only thing I've decorated is my Christmas Blog!! LOL!! It's just Mr & I and our 3 little pups.

Jan ♥

Heirloom treasures said...

Your mantle looks just so lovely. You know guys will be guys. Every time I put some new Christmas display up,I say to my hubby,come look it's great,He says in minute,or do I have to. I say yes now. :) They would notice if we never did it though he he they love it all really.

allisamazing said...

Such a gorgeous mantel!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Sherry, I love your mantel with the fresh greens! I'm glad you mentioned that you bought it at Lowe's...I'm going to stop there after work tomorrow and buy some. Love the Hydrangeas mixed in with it too!

Susan said...

Sherry, I can't tell you enough how much I love your mantle. All the greenery and the lights are just gorgeous! I love the art work above the mantle, it is so pretty. The whole vignette is so homey and inviting.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Yes! This is the look I love. Greens and twinkle lights and candles. Some years I have just white lights on the tree, but everybody else likes more! What a pain with the lights! It's hard enough to find the time to do it up once!

Cynthia said...

I love the mantel especially thr hydrangeas and all the lights.

Cynthia

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Beautiful Sherry. I love the garlands and swags with the candlelight. Nice framing for the print.

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Just beautiful! Love the simplicity and warmth. The real garland smells so good!

bj said...

Just beautiful...
Nothing more stressful that light on the tree burning out...grrrr

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry! Your mantel is so beautiful and elegant! Love the softness with the lights and all of the greenery.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I was busy too this afternoon...lovely mantel.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Very nice! I love the garland on top of the print, and the lights add a warm, cozy feel to it all. Great job!

Katarina said...

Sherry, it looks great! Guys and decorations... It's like when you spend your whole day cleaning, or redecorating, and then you ask what they think about the house and the answer is: "It smells fresh." :-) Guys will be guys. I love how lights reflect in that picture! :-)

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

This has such a quiet elegance...I love it. Restful and cozy and warm ...

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Sherry,
Love the natural beauty surrounding your picture and mantel. The Hydrangeas are just gorgeous! Sorry about the tree. That is so darn frustrating!
Hugs,
Jann