Thursday, November 8, 2012

Home Sweet Home #92

Hello and welcome to Home Sweet Home!  This week I created Thankful Book Page Leaves.

I made a Dutch Apple Cake from my Depression-Era cookbook.

I also made a favorite Thanksgiving pie, Japanese Fruit Pie.

Now I would like to highlight some of the posts that caught my eye last week.

The Country Farm Home showed off a new checkerboard kitchen floor.  I really liked this!

Aquascape showed off The Beauty of an Autumn Pond.  This water feature is just stunning.

 Two Cottages and Tea showed off an early Christmas gift in a fireside tea.


Robin at Decorating Tennis Girl showed off her newly remodeled fall kitchen.

Holly at Down to Earth Style showed off her newly restyled bedroom. 

Many great links every week!  Keep it coming!  Thank you to everyone who joins me at Home Sweet Home!  It is wonderful to have you here!
Sherry

Follow me on Twitter  
Follow me on Facebook 
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Hometalk


I will join these ladies today:
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Home and Garden Thursday  at A Delightsome Life 
Inspiration Friday  at The Picket Fence
Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense 

I have a SPECIAL REQUEST of you, if you visit Home Sweet Home and would like to PIN the great post you see here! Please pin from the ORIGINAL SOURCE and not my blog.  If it is my original photo you can pin away, I won't mind! 
 
 Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party:
Attention: To link up with inlinkz you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or they will not allow you to link.  
Link up anything in your home or garden.  I love seeing neat shops too!
My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower. Please don't link up more than two posts.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes!

22 comments:

Poppy said...

Hi Sherry,

Thanks so much for hosting. Some wonderful features this week. Off to have a look.

Poppy:)

The Farmers Daughter said...

What an honor to be featured! I checked out each feature and they are all truly wonderful. Thanks for hosting!
Blessings from the Farmhouse,
Dru

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Sherry, Thanks for hosting another wonderful party. Always love how creative you are every week. Such great ideas and recipes. Love the features, especially The Country Farm Home checkerboard kitchen floor.


Jody

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Thank you for hosting Sherry. I am going to see about making that Dutch Apple Cake on the weekend. Great features too; love the checkerboard floor! Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I just love all your oak leaf designs, Sherry! What a great idea for Thanksgiving. Thanks so much for hosting!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Thank you, Sherry, for hosting. The features from last week are very special and I really love your thankful leaves. Your pies not only look good enough to eat but are so beautiful to look at too..Happy Thursday..Judy

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Sherry,
Thank you for featuring my kitchen! I love your Home Sweet Home party each week!xoxo

Sue said...

Oh my, your leaf idea is wonderful and your baking looks like it came from a bakery! You have been busy. I'd love a piece of that apple cake with the tea I'm having right now!

Cristina Garay said...

Thanks so much for hosting Sherry! Enjoy your weekend!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Lovely features, very talented bloggers. Thank you for hosting Sherry.
Joy

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Dear Sherry,
Thank you so very much for featuring my blog today! I am so honored! You made my day! I appreciate you hosting this fun party every week. I've made your apple cake before, only instead of the apples I mix in two cups of blueberries and place cinnamon and sugar on top of the batter. Yummy! Have a wonderful evening,
Nancy

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Sherry, yum that dutch apple cake looks fabulous. Just linked up, thanks for hosting!!

Diane said...

Love your book page leaves, what a lovely idea. Great features and thanks for hosting!

Sarah said...

Sherry, cute idea to use thankful leaves. Thanks for hosting each week. Wish I had a piece of one of those pies to eat while visiting all these fantastic links..........Sarah

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Great features, Cherry...I'm loving the apple pie, gonna check that out! Thank you so much for hosting yet, another terrific party at, HSH. Big hugs,
FABBY

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What great features, Sherry! I've never heard of Japanese Fruit Pie, but it looks and sounds tasty. Your apple cake looks so pretty, too. Thanks for hosting and have a happy day.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for hosting! The features are great. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Such wonderful features, Sherry! It's a pleasure to link up this week. Have a great weekend & thank you for hosting.


Hugs,
Jessie

Zinnia said...

I love your leaves with lyrics. It's a great way to remind themselves of what we can be grateful. I myself have a number of similar cards at my bedside table. Your apple cake looks incredibly yummy out. Bless you! Zinnia

Kathy said...

Hello Sherry,
The Thankful book pages are a great idea! Your desserts look absolutely amazing! Love the features too! I appreciate you sharing and hosting,
Kathy

J9sHappiness said...

Hi there, I've just found your lovely blog and am your newest follower!! Thanks! J9x

Nann said...

I love your dutch apple cake and Japanese pie. I'm definitely going to make that cake. My family would love it. They both look so delicious!! Also your Thankful page leaves. What a clever idea. Nice features too!!

Am going to hook up with you today. Its been so long and its good to be back. Thanks for always giving such a fun linky party!! N.