I had an idea to use up the apples from my Farmhouse Halloween tablescape by making caramel apples. I have made them once before years ago for the older boys when they were little. I thought I would try the gourmet caramel apples this time with a few more toppings and some chocolate, it looks easy enough.
Here is how I did it.
Gourmet Caramel Apples
5 medium apples washed and dried, stems removed
1-14 oz. package of Kraft Caramels
2 tbsp. of water
1 package of chocolate chips
various sprinkles or toppings
- Insert wooden sticks into top of apples and place on plate that has been greased
- Place caramels and water into medium saucepan and cook on medium-low heat until all the caramels are completely melted, stirring constantly.
- Dip apples into caramel and spoon over apple if necessary to cover as desired.
- Let that set on the greased plate for an hour in refrigerator.
- When apples have set, melt chocolate chips in a microwave proof bowl in the microwave. Stir as needed and check for proper melting.
- When chocolate is melted and will drizzle, spoon over the apples as desired.
- Right away apply sprinkles, chocolate chips, or other desired toppings.
- Place on a greased plate. Refrigerate an hour until serving.
- Let stand at room temp. for 15 minutes before serving.
- Store leftover apples in the refrigerator.
I will link this to:
Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge FarmOn the Menu Monday at Stonegable
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
A Pinteresting Party at Tutus & Tea Parties