Thursday, June 7, 2012

Home Sweet Home #70

Hello and welcome to Home Sweet Home!  It has been a busy week here.  I have been painting furniture and Hubs has been resurfacing our drywall and installing a new floor.   I was gifted "new to me furniture" from my generous family and I wanted to update the dining room.  This piece of furniture was a buffet with a damaged veneer so, I decided to paint it.

It has a coat of ASCP Duck Egg Blue on it but, I'm still not finished with it.  It still needs a paste wax, some buffing, and distressing.  Progress is happening!  

Now I would like to highlight some of the posts that caught my eye last week at Home Sweet Home.
 Brooke at Creative Country Mom's Garden showed off her Lowe's Creative Ideas Gardener's Challenge.  Loved how this turned out!

Home is Where the Boat Is had the most wonderful Memorial Day picnic! 

Ann at Whimsy by the Sea created some pallet art that I adored!  You guys know how I love coastal!

Melissa at Daisy Mae Belle showed off a little kitchen scale she found that I loved!

Thank you to all who join me at Home Sweet Home!   It is wonderful to have you here! 
Sherry
I will join these ladies today:
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Home and Garden Thursday  at A Delightsome Life 
Creative Things Thursday  at The Vintage Farmhouse
Say G'day Saturday  at Natasha in Oz
Open House Thursday  at No Minimalist Here
  Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party:
Attention: To link up with inlinkz you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or they will not allow you to link.  
Link up anything in your home or garden.  I love seeing neat shops too!
My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower. Please don't link up more than two posts.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes!

30 comments:

Scribbler said...

Thanks for hosting -- this is a great piece -- love the lines on these old chests. We don't see these so much down here in my area.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

That's one beautiful piece of furniture Sherry! It already looks fantastic. Did you gulp before you took the plunge? Haha! Thanks for hosting! Have a great weekend!

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Hi Sherry,
That is a FABULOUS piece of furniture you are giving a facelift to! It's coming out beautifully and I'm anxious to see the finished product... It looks like a really large piece that will hold LOTS and LOTS of treasures?
Have a wonderful weeks end,
Hugs to you,
Donna

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Sherry, Thank you so much for hosting each week!
Lovely features as always - love that kitchen scale!! Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a great buffet you have! I really like how you painted it. Looks totally different now. Thanks for hosting this fun linky party!
Nancy

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Sherry: I love your buffet project. That is going to be just gorgeous when you are through with it..I wanted to join your party but wasn't sure if my post this time would be appropriate as there is nothing really about the home. Let me know, if you can, and then I'll know for next time..Happy Thursday..Judy

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Oh, Sherry, I LOVE your newly painted piece of furniture and what an awesome color! Thanks for hosting this great party ~ I've just linked up. Hope to see you at my WEDDING BLOG PARTY tomorrow ~ there will even be a little bridal giveaway!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love the features, Sherry! Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Sherry, oh, I can't wait to see that buffet when you're finished, it's going to be wonderful!! just linked up, thanks so much for hosting!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Sherry,
Love your buffet! It's going to look WONDERFUL when it's finished. Thanks for hosting and have a nice weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

dear sherry,
thank you! thank you! thank you! it is utterly delightful to be featured for your home sweet home party. and i'm thrilled to add your "featured" button to my sidebar. thank you for your kind words about my pallet art. this is an honor, indeed. and i love the buffet on which you're working.
blessings, and sincere thanks,
ann

Susan Freeman said...

Your "new to you" piece looks so lovely painted duck egg blue. I love your header too by the way! Thanks for hosting.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Martha said...

Thanks for hosting!

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

That's a beautiful piece of furniture you inherited, Sherry! Can't wait to glimpse future vignettes on top of it:)Good Luck with your room renovation. Thanks for the party tonight. Hugs,Poppy

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Love the color on your buffet makeover. Love that chippy green kitchen scale with the birds nest. Thanks for hosting. I added a post on the 'underpinings' of a home, the stuff that we hate to replace but seems inevitable. The hot water tank, the furnace and because the heat really does me in we added an heat pump (heat/air). Big changes, not very pretty. I facilitated (cleaned, moved stuff) and took lots of pictures while the guys worked. If the rain would stop I would work in the garden.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Thanks so much for hosting and for sharing at FNF! Have a great weekend!

Kathy said...

Hello Sherry, That is a lovely piece of furniture - It is wonderful to be able to give them new life through paint - looks great. Thank you for hosting,
Kathy

Faye said...

What a beautiful buffet, looking forward to seeing the finishing touches! Thanks for hosting!

Anonymous said...

I like your "new" furniutre. I'm sure your dining room will be beautiful when it's finished. Thanks for letting us link to your party.

allisamazing said...

Thanks for hosting!

ANNE said...

What a gorgeous colour!! I absolutely love it!

Thanks for the party and have a wonderful weekend xox

Zinnia said...

You are so clever to fix furniture. Color can make a big difference. Your buffeé was so beautiful. I wish you a wonderful weekend! Zinnia

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful piece, sherry! thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

Mary said...

Sherry~ I love your new-to-you buffet~ the painted finish looks great! Thanks so much for the feature~ I'm honored to included and in such creative & inspiring company!

Geneva said...

You've been busy! I loved seeing the work you're doing on the dresser as well as the other features. Very inspiring! Thank you for hosting the party...it's always FUN!
Blessings!
Geneva

Noble Vintage said...

thanks for hosting! This is my first time linking up here! :) Have a great weekend!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Sherry, the buffet looks awesome. So much fun here. Love the French beach sign, too.

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Finally made it over. Long day and I am really glad to be able to come by and see so much inspiration. Thank you for making that possible through the party you put together. Liz

Natasha in Oz said...

Thanks so much for having me Sherry. I'm late as usual...I really need to work on my time management!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Bernideen said...

I find it is easier to go over that wonderful quarter sawn oak if you weren't the one who refinished it the first time. I have alot to "get over" at my house and want to move forward with this new look too!