Blackberry iced tea is really easy to make. The flavor is great and using real fruit has to give you some extra health benefits.
4 cups of hot black tea (such as orange pekoe or Darjeeling)
1 cup of blackberries
honey to taste or 3/4 cup of sugar
- In a bowl combine the hot tea with the blackberries and let steep for an hour.
- With the back of a wooden spoon, crush the berries in the tea and then pour through a fine strainer into a pitcher. I crushed mine again in the strainer.
- Add honey to taste or use sugar.
- I then pour this warm tea over a half of pitcher of ice.
- Chill for at least 2 hours and serve.
I will link this to:Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
Thriving on Thursdays at Domesblissity
On the Menu Monday at Stonegable
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Gallery of Favorites at The 21st Century Housewife