Thursday, March 8, 2012

Home Sweet Home #57

source: selinalake via Sherry at Pinterest

Hello and welcome to Home Sweet Home!  Have any of you; that are on Pinterest, seen this picture of the romantic pink books and roses?  I thought this wouldn't be hard to duplicate, so I gave it a try.  The photo above is by Selina Lake, noted stylist and author of the book Romantic Style.  The link above will take you to her Flicker page where you can view more images of her genius from that book.

This is my attempt at pink books.  I tore the covers off of aged books and Mod Podged some pink tissue paper on them.  I put each layer of tissue paper on with the Mod Podge.  The more layers of tissue paper you apply the more pink they will turn out.  The book on the bottom had only a few layers of tissue paper and you can still see the spine of the torn off cover because it isn't thick enough.   That shows you another look you can achieve doing this.  I used a matte Mod Podge and it made the tissue paper look about like wax paper.  I got the book plate that is on the bottom book hereI picked up the books at the thrift store for $2.

Now I would like to highlight some of the posts that caught my eye last week at Home Sweet Home.

 Shenita of Embellishments by SLR showed off her spring prepping in her very pretty kitchen.

Courtney at French Country Cottage showed off her lovely bath.

Nann at At Nann's Table made this Killer Chocolate Pecan Pie!  I so enjoyed this picture!!

 Sue at Sullivan and Murphy showed off her lovely new scale. 

Just in time for St. Patrick's Day, Nancy at Nancy's Daily Dish  shared a recipe for homemade Irish Cream.

 Thank you to all who join me at Home Sweet Home!   It is wonderful to have you here!
Sherry
I will join these ladies today:
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Home and Garden Thursday  at A Delightsome Life
Thriftin' on a Thursday  at Savvy City Farmer
Thrifty Things Friday  at The Thrifty Groove

Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party:
Attention: To link up with inlinkz you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or they will not allow you to link.  
Link up anything in your home or garden.  I love seeing neat shops too!
My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower. Please don't link up more than two posts.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes!
 

42 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi Sherry! Thanks so much for hosting today! I think that photo of the pink books and roses is one of my favorite images floating around on Pinterest! I love your idea for using the tissue paper...and your photograph is beautiful!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Anita Diaz said...

That pie looks great!! Thanks for hosting the party Sherry, and thanks for stopping by!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The books look so pretty. I love the tissue paper idea. How creative. Thanks for hosting. Hugs, Marty

xinex said...

So much beauty to be absorbed here. Thanks for sharing and for hosting, Sherry...Christine

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

I think your book and rose arrangement is just as beautiful!
That pie looks divine!
Thank you for featuring my Irish Cream, and for hosting,

Nancy

Natasha in Oz said...

Thanks for having me today Sherry! Happy Friday and happy weekend!

Best wishes,
Natasha In Oz

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Honey,
I am loving those book bundles!!

Thanks so much for hosting every week!!

Hugs,
Deb

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Me again, Sherry!! I meant to address my last comment to you Sherry and I made a mistake and addressed it to Honey. So sorry!! Please forgive me???? I think I was having a senior moment!! LOL!

Hugs,
Deb

Susan Freeman said...

Your pink books are darling Sherry! Thanks for hosting.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sherry,
Your books are lovely! Absolutely great idea for using old books. Thanks for sharing and hosting. Your features are something else!

Blessings,
Sandi

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hi Sherry! This looks like a fun project! I like the books both ways. Thanks once a gain for hosting. Have a great weekend!

Cristina Garay said...

Thanks for hosting! Have a great weekend!

Honey at 2805 said...

Your pink books are so pretty! Thank you for being a gracious hostess and friend!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sherry...

Oooh...your pink books turned out beautifully, my friend! They certainly do make a lovely vignette! Thanks for sharing with us...and thank you for hosting another fabulous Home Sweet Home party!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

PS...I'm wondering if Selina's pink books are original or if she did something to make them pink?

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

I love the book idea, and can't wait to copycat it! Thanks for hosting, Sherry. Cheers, Andrea

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Sherry, wow, those pink books are just amazing!!! just linked up, thanks for having me! xo

From G2B said...

Thanks for hosting Sherry! Those books are lovely both ways but I am dying over the first ones!!!
xo Becca

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love the pink shabby books! Great features! Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

Ivy and Elephants said...

What a cool copycat, I have the Salina Lake book. You did a great job replicating it. The features are gorgeous, thanks so much for hosting.
Hugs,
Patti

Miss Kitty said...

Thanks for hosting your party again this week! We really appreciate a place to share our projects with each other. Your pink books are dreamy.

Diann said...

Beautiful features! Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!

Scribbler said...

Nice! Thanks for hosting.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for hosting such a great party every week! Have a wonderful Friday!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Life is good with a great book and flowers....Thank you for hosting...Really enjoyed last week's features!

Cyndi ✪ Blue Star said...

Love your features this week! Thanks for hosting such a great party!

Sarah said...

Sherry, your pink books are dear! Thanks for sharing the pinterest link. And thanks for hosting each week. Your features are terrific. Sue's scale with the added cloche has inspired me to find a cloche for my scale.

Kristi said...

Hi, this is my first visit here! I joined up for the party, thanks for hosting! I am also following you now. I loved your crouton tutorial, I make them all the time(breadcrumbs too) :)
Kristi

SImple and Serene Living said...

Love that bathroom. Thanks again for another fun party.
Laura

Tina said...

The books are adorable! Thank you for hosting.

Have a wonderful day

Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

Great features - thanks for hosting! Have a great weekend.

Mimi said...

those pink books stopped me dead in my tracks. How beautiful! I love your version too. thanks so much for hosting!

the cape on the corner said...

i love your version of those pink book! great idea, and just gorgeous!

RuthSMac. said...

I'm so happy that I found your place! I'm your new follower!

Love your features by the way :)

Angie said...

Hello! Found you today at Feathered Nest Friday~I am a new follower! Hope you might return the visit~Angie

thistlewoodfarm said...

Sherry,

Thank you so much for hosting this awesome party! I can't wait to go mingle and get inspired for the weekend.

blessings,
karianne

Nann said...

Sherry, you wonderful lady you!!! THANKYOU for featuring my decadent pie. I am so honored and flattered! And I LOVE your copycat rendition of the books with the tissue paper. Now I want to make some. SO clever and creative! Also the other features: The kitchen is just beautiful, and the cloche on the scales has inspired me. And that bathroom, oh my gosh that bathroom is absolutely over the top. Wish it were in my house. And I love love love the irish cream vignette. I had left a comment asking her if I could make it non alcoholic. Thats probably impossible but maybe somehow it can be figured out. But her vignette just took my breath away.

THANKYOU again Sherry for hosting this amazing party every week. I so enjoy participating. And again thankyou for the feature. Now if I can only figure out how to get those gadget thingys on my side bar. I'm still trying to learn how to do blogging stuff. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but this one is really trying to learn (smile).

Big Hugs to you!!

Nann

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Thanks for hosting. Really glad I could join in.
Denise

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Beautiful!
... Thanks for hosting - and sharing beautiful pictures :)

Greetings from Australia♥

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Thanks for hosting! Sorry i'm late I thought I was linked up - memory failing me!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there! I didn't have a link for this week~ but I wanted to say thank you for sharing my bathroom makeover!! :) See you at this Thursdays party!! xoxox, Courtney

Kathy said...

Hello Sherry, I am complete charmed by these pink books - they look so marvelous paired with the roses - your version is perfect! Very, very clever! Thank you for sharing your beautiful post with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

OMG, Sherry! I was just over here visiting and noticed that you had featured my kitchen! Thank you so much! I have been away for awhile and totally missed it!! Thanks for being so sweet! Enjoy your weekend!