Thursday, December 22, 2011

Home Sweet Home #46


Hello and Welcome to Home Sweet Home!  It is almost Christmas are you getting ready?  I am showing off my dining room today.  I have had it all decorated but, never showed it off.  I just never got around to creating a table in here.   This tree was made simple on purpose, just some vintage pink and silver ornaments and some silver tinsel garland.  The tree is elevated in an antique Victorian baby carriage.

My paperwhites bloomed right on cue.  They are very fragrant and a nice addition to my Christmas decor.

I was trying to use some of the French, German, and Nordic blogs for inspiration here. 

I hope everyone has the best Christmas! 

I will highlight some of the posts from last week's Home Sweet Home.
Jen at At Home in the Northwest showed off how to personalize a simple doormat.

Laurie at Heaven's Walk gave us a tour of her home which has a great French/Nordic look for the Holidays.

Rebecca at A Re-Purposed Life showed us how her homes shines at Christmas.  Rebecca, I see a magazine feature in your future!

Erin at Salvaged Whimsy showed off a farm table her husband made out of reclaimed barn wood and an old door.

And last, Jill at Feather's and Flight created a winter white Christmas tablescape that was just gorgeous!

Thank you to all who join me at Home Sweet Home!  It is awesome to have you here!  
Sherry
I will join these ladies today: 
Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Fridays Unfolded  at Stuff and Nonsense
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party:

Attention: To link up with inlinkz you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or they will not allow you to link.  
Link up anything in your home or garden.  During the holidays, I'll love seeing neat shops too!
My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower. Please don't link up more than two posts.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes!


32 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Sherry, your dining room is so so pretty. Love the paperwhites and that gorgeous mirror! Just linked up, have a wonderful Christmas weekend! xoxo

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sherry, pretty decorations in your dining room. Thanks for hosting and Merry Christmas.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sherry,
I decided to link up one more time before the holidays. Your tree is so pretty in the vintage carriage and the white candles are lovely! Thank you for hosting and sharing your wonderful inspirational shots.
Wishing you and your family, a Very Happy Christmas!

Christmas blessings,
Sandi

Eileen said...

Your dining room is glorious. Just beautiful.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

That baby carriage is adorable as a tree holder! You can just wheel it around to make room for extra guests! Merry Christmas and thanks for hosting Home Sweet Home!

Desire Empire said...

Thanks for your lovely party each week.

Merry Christmas to you
Carolyn xx

Tina said...

Hi Sherry,
Your dining room is lovely. Thank you for hosting.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

I don't usually show my dining room either Sherry, because it's always the project table :) Yours is beautiful! The carriage is precious. Thank you for hosting us every week. I hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Cheers, Andrea

Kathy said...

I love your creative display for your Christmas tree! Your dining room looks wonderful! Thank you for hosting!
Merry Christmas,
Kathy

Honey at 2805 said...

Your dining room looks wonderful! Love the way you treated your chandy. Thanks Sherry for being a gracious hostess!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Sherry your room is fabulous. I would love for you to link this amazing post to our What's it Wednesday linky party. I hope you can join us. I am all linked up...thanks for hosting yet another fab party.

Paula

Sue said...

Oh my- love that carriage as your tree holder! And what a pretty little angel to watch over the room. Many thanks for hosting the party, Sherry. Wishing you a joyous Christmas celebration. hugs, Sue

Sunny Simple Life said...

Sherry thanks so much for hosting one of my favorite blog parties. You always have the most lovely of posts to share and I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas.
Elaine

Unknown said...

the tree in your sleigh is fantastic- so old fashioned and lovely,
great party.

Karen

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh, Sherry - thank you so much for sharing my JDA Christmas home with everyone! I am honored to appear with all of the beautiful homes you featured! :)

xoxo laurie

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Sherry, Your Christmas decorations are beautiful! Thanks for hosting and have a very Merry Christmas.
Hugs,
Sherry

xinex said...

Your dining room is beautiful, Sherry. I love your antique Victorian baby carriage. Thanks for all the other pretty inspirational pictures you featured and Merry Christmas to you all....Christine

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Your dining room is just gorgeous, Sherry! Love the tree in the sleigh! Thanks for hosting! Merry Christmas!...hugs...Debbie

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sherry,
Thank you for hosting and I wish you and your family a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Blessings,
Linda

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi Sherry,

Such wonderful features - thank you so much for hosting! :) Happy Holidays to you!!!

Hugs,
Jessie

Rebecca said...

Hello
Thank you so much for the feature last week.
I enjoyed this so much, your images are all inspiring. Wishing you a most joyful Christmas
Blessings
Rebecca

kelly said...

Love all the whites,

Kelly@Craft Until Your Art's Content

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your tree looks so beautiful in the carriage. Thanks for hosting Sherry. Merry Christmas.

Sarah said...

Beautiful decorations, Sherry. Wishing you happy holidays. ~ Sarah

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hiya Sherry! I hope you're having fun with your kiddos for Christmas! Thanks for hosting a fun party all year! Happy Holidays!

Scribbler said...

You nailed it! The Nordic look you were going for, that is... love it.

Thanks for hosting.

Mary said...

Sherry~ I adore your Victorian baby carriage with your tree! Thanks for hosting! Wishing you & your family the Merriest of Christmases!

Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

Sherry - Thank you SO much for featuring my husband's farm table. He's so proud of it, he'll be thrilled when I tell him it was featured (once I explain what being featured means :) What a wonderful early-Christmas gift - your blog is one of my faves, so it really means a lot to be reccognized by you.
Your home looks stunning (LOVE the baby carriage!) and I hope you and your family have a fantastic Christmas.
thanks again -
Erin

Diann said...

Everything looks so pretty! Thank you for hosting and I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

Ansichtssache said...

★ 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★Gesegnete Weihnachten ★ 。* ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° 。 ° ˚* _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•*/______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• | 田田|門| ˚und einen
gesunden Rutsch ins neue Jahr 2012

Liebe Grüße Doreen

Brenda Pruitt said...

I see a magazine feature in your gorgeous home as well! Merry Christmas!
Brenda

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

It's just beautiful, Sherry! Merry Christmas!