Thursday, August 18, 2011

Home Sweet Home # 28

   Welcome to Home Sweet Home!  I am visiting at the original charming home today and they have some lovely treasures.  This is a French clock handmade in Paris at the time of the French Revolution, 1780.  It is hand made by pegged mortis-tenon construction.  For those of us who are non-woodworkers, that means extremely strong with no nails.   I just had to show it off it is so pretty.

We have to look a little closer at the face.   The face is made out of brass and the numbers are porcelain.

Do you see the roosters on either side of the hour hand?  
 
All of it hand carved out of walnut.
Here the traditional French Country floral motif.  I thought you Francophiles would love this.  Very inspiring don't you think?
Thanks for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Now, I would like to feature some wonderful post from last week's Home Sweet Home.
 First, Fabby at Fabby's Living showed off a beautiful blue and white table.  Click the link to view.

BJ over at Sweet Nothings showed off her lovely thrifted hutch.  Click on the link to view.

Walnut & Vine showed us her thrifted beachy finds.  Click the link to view.

Kelli over at The Turquoise Piano did a makeover on this loveseat. Click the link to view.




And last, Chari over at Happy To Design showed off her French studio.  Click the link to view.

Thank you to all who join me at Home Sweet Home!
Now onto today.
I will join these ladies today:
 Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Fridays Unfolded  at Stuff and Nonsense
Farmhouse Friday  at LaurieAnna's Vintage Home
Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party:
Attention: To link up with inlinkz you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or they will not allow you to link. 
My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes!


36 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Sherry, the clock is lovely...so many wonderful details.

Thanks so much for hosting.

Barb

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sherry, that clock is amazing and I love the pictures around it, too. Thanks for hosting.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Well, that's ONE clock for sure I wouldn't hit with my paintbrush, LOL! thanks for the party, just linked up! xoxo Debra

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Sherry, that clock is just gorgeous! What stunning detail and your photos are fab. Thanks for hosting, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Wow! That is a seriously gorgeous clock, Sherry! Nice to see all the details. Thanks for another fun party this week! Hope you're great!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Unreal. The clock is stunning, such wonderful detail. Thanks so much for hosting such a fun party. Hugs, Marty

The Tablescaper said...

What a gorgeous clock!

- The Tablescaper

La Table De Nana said...

This could be the Chime Of Home~
Lovely post!

Debbiedoos said...

WOW that clock is stunning with all the carved detail and pretty face. Thanks for hosting Sherry.

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

The gorgeous details on the clock and the workmanship is absolutely amazing!Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece of art and for hosting this fun party. Have a lovely weekend!~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Olga Poltava said...

Hi Sherry,
the clock is absolutely breathtaking, a true treasure.
Thank you for hosting the party. It's always fun to join you.

Honey at 2805 said...

An amazing clock! Thanks for hosting, Sherry!

Blondie's Journal said...

What a fantastic clock...I love all the detail! The brass face is really beautiful!

XO,
Jane

JudyBug said...

I adore the clock...porcelain numbers...wow! Love it!

Debbie said...

That clock is absolutely lovely! I have always wanted one. I'm looking forward to clicking some links this weekend.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Wow! This clock is fabulous! This is a real treasure, gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it with us, I always loved grandpa's clocks, reminds me of my great-grandparents house. Thank you for featuring my blue and white table, you are so generous. Lots of hugs. FABBY

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Sherry! What a beautiful clock! Thanks so much for sharing it...and for hosting! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Concetta said...

Dearest Sherry,
You always find the most exquiste treasures to share with us! Thank you for hosting - just beautiful!
<><
Concetta

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Sherry that clock is stunning, I love that whole gallery wall!! Martina

Susan Freeman said...

What a beautiful clock! I love old clocks and our cottage is full of them. Unfortunately, they are not all running. Must learn clock repair! Thanks for hosting Sherry.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Loved seeing all the pretties from the clock to all the blue and white to just everything.

xo,

Sheila :-)

Town and Country Gals said...

Sherry,
How lucky are you to have such a gorgeous clock!
The details and the carving on it is amazing! It's always so fun to be a part of your party! I'm so excited that you featured me along with those other wonderful blogs! I was finally able to get the wrong dates that were showing up on my photos off my camera! Thanks again!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry! OH, what a gorgeous clock and it has Roosters! :) What lovely features and thank you for hosting your fun party.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Love the detail in the clock. Thanks for hosting Sherry.

Ivy and Elephants said...

That clock is absolutely breath taking. I just love all the detail and its elegance.

Paula

bj said...

I am very honored to be featured at THE CHARM OF HOME. Thank you so much.
This is such a beautiful clock. The details are just amazing.
Thanks so much for hosting, Sherry.
xo bj

Faye said...

Absolutely beautiful clock! Thank you for hosting!
Faye

lvroftiques said...

Oh Sherry be still my heart! That clock is GORGEOUS!! A dream piece for sure! Vanna

Karie said...

That clock is gorgeous. What workmanship. Thanks for sharing. And thank you for hosting. Karie

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sherry...

Ohhh...the French clock is magnificent, Sherry! All of those beautiful french scrolls in the carvings really are gorgeous! I also loved the brass face and how ornate it was as well! How unique...that the numbers were made of porcelain. Truly a beautiful clock! Thank you so much for sharing it with us...and thank you for hosting another Charm of Home party!

Ohhh my goodness...I was just so surprised to find my frenchy studio showcased, Sherry! Thank you sooo very much! I am joining your party this week with the "finale" of my french studio. Thanks again, sweet lady!

Warmest summery wishes,
Chari

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh that clock is spectacular!
How many countless hours went into its creation, and how much love of the craft. Beautiful.

I love the images you shared today from other blogs -- I'm off to visit them, too!
Thanks for hosting.
Cass

Claudia Fabiana said...

I love the beachy finds and the way the love seat turned out. Thanks for hosting such a fun party!

Please stop by my blog sometime soon! Have a great weekend.

ciao

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful clock. It seems that time can stand still with a clock like this.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Sherry, The clock is gorgeous and I love the paintings that surround it.
xo,
Sherry

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Sherry, THANK YOU for featuring my love seat! I am so excited! And thanks for hosting the party. LOVE it!

Kelli @ TheTurquoisePiano.blogspot.com

Curtains in My Tree said...

Your treasures are sooooooo over the top pretty

janice