Thursday, August 11, 2011

Home Sweet Home # 27

 Photo by Lulu Tapp
Welcome to Home Sweet Home!  I have been bitten by the fall bug.  This picture started it all,
taken by Lulu Tapp, photographer and stylist for Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic Couture.  This and much more of Lulu's home are featured in the latest issue of Romantic Country magazine.
I saw this picture and could not get it out of my mind.  This is the kind of look I would love the achieve with some of my fall decorating this year.  So, since it is too early for pumpkins I crafted some up.

 A little pumpkin topiary that will last year to year.   If you want to know how to make these pumpkins, that post is here. 

 I used three different fabrics for this topiary.  The white burlap was a 20 inch circle, the cotton print was a 18 inch circle, and the natural muslin was a 14 inch circle. 

Like Lulu's pumpkin topiary on her front porch, I used Spanish moss between the pumpkins and on top.  Where do you get the real stem when it isn't fall yet?  From a butternut squash at the grocery store.
Thanks for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Now, I would like to feature some wonderful post from last week's Home Sweet Home.

First, Katie at Wildwood Creek painted a dresser with a Duck Egg Blue and Aubusson Blue chalk paint mix.  Click the link to find out what she did.
Next, Beachcomber styled a dresser for summer.  Click the link to view.

 Country Glamour Home showed off a beautiful foyer wall gallery.  Click the link to view.

Chasing Claire de Lune showed off a little remodeling she had been doing in her bedroom.  Click the link to view.

Mikey at Shabby French Cottage showed off his kitchen he remodeled on a budget, which has been published in Romantic Homes magazine.  Click the link to view.

And last, Rene' at Miss Gracie's House had a 16th birthday for her daughter that was stunning.  Click the link to view.

As always it gets harder each week to pick the features.  You all are amazing!! 
Thank you to all who join me at Home Sweet Home!
Now onto today.
I will join these ladies today:
 Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Fridays Unfolded  at Stuff and Nonsense
Farmhouse Friday  at LaurieAnna's Vintage Home



Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party:
Attention: To link up with inlinkz you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or they will not allow you to link. 
My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes!


35 comments:

Donna T. said...

I absolutely adore the pumpkins...gives me some great ideas for my Fall dining room table....

Love your blog!

Donna
Tinglelaneprimitives.blogspot.com

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Great features Sherry. Thanks for hosting.

Brenda Pruitt said...

The pumpkin topiary is adorable! I must make one when I get the time.
Brenda

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Sherry! Love your pumpkins! Great features! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry! I wish fall would drop down and give us some cooler weather! Those are darling little punkins!
Thanks for hosting!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Debra@CommonGround said...

What an incredible photo by Lulu, that is my ultimate fall inspiration!! LOVE your adorable pumpkin topiary. thanks for the how-to! And Thanks for linking up, Sherry! xoxo Debra

Melissa said...

The pumpkins are so clever, and I love how you used the stem from a store bought butternut squash...you are so crafty!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sherry, thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend.

Concetta said...

Oh my goodness - those pumpkin toparies are just so precious! Thank you for sharing your incredible talents with us!!
Have a great week!
<><
Concetta

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Thank you for featuring my dresser, Sherry! Your blog has been an inspiration to me.

Honey at 2805 said...

I adore you pumpkins, Sherry! Great features this week. Thanks so much for hosting!

Faye said...

Your pumpkins are great! I'll have to make a few...thank you! And thank you for hosting!
Faye

Sarah said...

Clever idea! I'm ready for fall and white pumpkins! ;-)
Thanks for hosting each week.

Amanda said...

Hi Sherry!
I have been avoicing the Fall decor...it seems like summer just started! But...your pumpkins are so charming that I think I've been inspired! Thank you for hosting and having a wonderful weekend!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The pumpkins are unreal and all of your features are wonderful. Thanks for hosting a great party. Hugs, Marty

bj said...

I am so ready for fall and winter, I could scream.:)
Thanks so much...

Susan Freeman said...

Hi Sherry! Love those pumpkins and am so happy to be joining you again this week!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Pamela said...

LOVE your pumpkin topiary! I need to get a jump start on fall but it is just sooo dang hot.

xinex said...

Your featured photos are very inspirational. I love your pumpkin topiary...Christine

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hi Sherry! Love your pumpkins! That is an amazing photo by LuLu. It's closer to something I would like to see for Halloween. The highlights look pretty! I haven't seen them all. Thanks for HSH!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Cute pumpkins! I don't really decorate for fall - I do a little tiny bit of decorating (mostly on my front porch) for Halloween, but that's about it. I think I save most of my decorating for Christmas.

You've featured some lovely blog posts!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Jane said...

Hi Sherry,
I came over from Boogieboard Cottage. Thanks for the tutorial on the cute pumpkins. I really liked the little ones and then I see your larger stacked version....love it!
I think after this hot summer I am ready for some cooler fall weather.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Jane

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Love your pumpkins...so great for Fall and so creative.Thank you for the idea.(-:

stefanie said...

beautiful...but I am not ready for fall yet...lol

Cass @ That Old House said...

The pumpkins are adorable! I remember making similar ones with my Girl Scout Troop years ago, when my daughters were young -- only we made orange ones, of course. I don't think 10-year olds would have gone for white pumpkins back then!

Such pretty images you have shared ... thank you!
Cass

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sherry...

My friend, I have been bitten by the "fall" bug as well! It's hard to believe but we will actually be experiencing this sweet season in less than a month here in Colorado!

I love your pretty pumpkin topiary! You're so creative my friend! Love, love, LOVE the fabrics that you chose for the pumpkins...very pretty! I also enjoyed all of the inspirational photos that you showcased this week! I will have to go and check them all out! Thank you for hosting another fabulous Charm of Home party for us!

Warmest summery wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

LaLa said...

Thank you soooo much for featuring my Blog Post from last week. That has never happened to me before and it made my day. Have a terrific weekend and thank you hosting such a wonderful party!

peace

Ivy and Elephants said...

Thanks for hosting, Sherry. It's always such a joy to see what all the other gal are doing!
Hugs,
Patti

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Sherry! Your pumpkin topiaries are so adorable. I am running a little late to your party but I didn't want to miss the fun. Thanks for hosting.
xo,
Sherry

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Your pumpkin topiaries are just darling! I am late linking up but am all linked up now! Thanks for hosting! :)

Carrie's The Created Home said...

Hi! I am so excited to be one of your followers now! Thanks for letting me link up! Hope you stop by sometime!

Unknown said...

What beautiful shares, Sherry. Love those pumpkins, & that blue dresser but all is gorgeous.

Would you be so kind to (& tell your friends) comment on my BLOG ONLY (emails don't count), for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

Have a beautiful weekend.
Hugs,
TTFN ~

Tanya Anurag said...

great features :) Linking up my post. Thanks for the party!

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh my goodness....I love everything! I am so ready for fall, that I just cant stand it!
I am sick of 100 degree weather!
Thanks for sharing!
Leticia

At The Picket Fence said...

Adorable! The pumpkins are just too cute! Thank you for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday!

Heather