Thursday, February 24, 2011

Home Sweet Home #3

I am wanting to thank you for all the kind comments about my Union Jack.  See how I made it thriftily here.  I had much the same reaction when I saw Miss Mustard Seed's Union Jack dresser.  

 Image: Miss Mustard Seed
What stirs our fascination with all things British?  I will admit I am officially Smitten by Britain.   That link is to a great blog all about the British, from their landscape artist to their funny words of the week.   The media often puts Britain in the spotlight and right now you can watch The King's Speech,  follow the news of the royal wedding, or shop the new Cath Kidston website.  Beware the Cath Kidston's site could be addictive!  I had been admiring her look from across the pond by way of her UK website.  So, here they are again invading our soil with just as much electricity as The Beatles.  It will be a big year for British fashion in the home.  

As luck would have it, if you have a popular product the copycats aren't far behind.  I stumbled upon this lovely little set of dishes in TJ Maxx this weekend.  They look suspiciously like something from the Cath Kidston line.  These dishes are by 222 Fifth pattern New Country.

The book pictured here is from my collection.  It is The New Kitchen Garden by Anna Pavord, English garden writer, editor, and television personality.

The other book, Images of Britain was published by the British Automobile Association, also from my collection.

So, pour yourself a spot of tea and sit back and enjoy the show.  When it comes to fashion, all the world is a stage and Britain is front and center.

Thank You!!! To everyone who is coming and joining me for Home Sweet Home Friday.  I have really enjoyed visiting you!  
I will link this to these great blogs go and visit them:
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at My French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
My Favorite Things at Bargain Hunting and Chatting with Laurie

Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party:
Please link up your intended post and not just your blog.  Link up something from your home or your garden that you would like to share. (vignettes, food, makeovers, projects, vintage, photography, flowers, etc.) 
Please put a link or my button IN your post so others can find it and join in. The button is on my sidebar.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Try to mingle and visit other participants.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes!



36 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Sherry! Love the combination of your gorgeous tablecloth with that lovely china! Such a pretty tablescape! Have a wonderful weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Love the colors of those dishes and the sweet pattern! I also love your Union Jack tablecloth! Wow! Fabulous job!

Olive said...

Your tablecloth is splendid. Very well done!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Don't you just love those sweet dishes? Got mine at Marshalls. They won't last long! You did a great job with that tablecloth!
Brenda

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Pretty cute plates! I would have mistaken them for the real thing. I love all things British too!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Thanks for the link! That table cloth is wonderful. I love the tartan plaid you used for the red stripe. Brilliant. :)

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

I love those sweet dishes! Thanks for hosting!!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love those dishes. Brenda at Cozy little House has them, too. Thanks for hosting.

Olga Poltava said...

Your Union Jack tablecloth is very beautiful. The dishes are very pretty too. Nice post!
And thank you for hosting the link party ;-)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Sherry, that tablecloth is fabulous, and I love your dishes. I'm going to have to check out TJ Maxx soon! You know I need more dishes!! Thank you for hosting. laurie

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Sherry,
What a great find on those dishes, you are right just like cath Kidston, they are so springy!!
Thanks for being our hostess!!
Hugs,
Bella

Unknown said...

wow -do I LOVE that bureau with the flag on it!!

Karen

Karie said...

Beautiful table. You did a great job on the tablecloth. And those dishes are gorgeous. Love them. Thanks for sharing.

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Your dishes are so pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Pam

Chrissie said...

What a gorgeous table vignette! Thanks for hosting, have a great weekend!

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I LOVE your dishes! and the whole setting is so much fun! Thank you for inviting us and hosting such a wonderful party.
Hugs,
Donna

Bohemian said...

I adore Cath Kidston Style and products *swooning*... though harder to find here in America, so I enjoy all the online eye candy of it from abroad that I can feast my eyes upon! I receive the Catalog and have saved every copy! Joining you for your delightful Blog Party, always fun to find a new one!

Dawn... The Bohemian

Honey at 2805 said...

Love the dishes and the whole theme for your table. The tablecloth you made of vintage finds is just so unique. I admire your energy level. Have a great weekend!

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Amazing! This would look great at a Burns Night or St Andrew's day celebration!
Liz

My Cottage Charm said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my tea for two, it was much appreciated! :)
Your dishes are quite lovely..don't you just LOVE TJ Maxx! Oh my, I think I could live in that store!
Have a great day
missy :)

Curtains in My Tree said...

Just last night I was looking for all my tea cups and tes pots to do a post on tea.
I enjoy hot tea love your TJ MAXX dishes and also that Union Jack Dresser. I could use that in any room in myhouse.

Janice

Thanks for Friday's Home Sweet Home

LadyV said...

Oh how wonderful are those dishes...And so is your blog.

Love your table settings.

The Charm of Home said...

You guys totally rock!! I can't wait to get to these post. Will catch up on commenting tonight or this weekend. I can't make any link work on Pam Gray's blog Clustres, it is entry no.10. Pam if you read this thanks for linking up! I am not sure what's going on with your blog, I hope it is okay.
Sherry

Amanda said...

I've so enjoyed your English post! Your new dishes are divine! I love Cath Kidson! I have an older book of hers and visit it frequently for inspiration! Thank you so much for hosting this lovely party! I've joined in with a French themed post this week :) Have a wonderful weekend!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Sarah said...

Sherry, I had to pass on bringing a set of those charming dishes home with me when I saw them at TJ Maxx. They are definitely happy dishes! But I'm running out of storage space for dishes! Your tablescape is truly fun! Thanks for hosting! ~ Sarah

PCovi said...

I died when I saw her dresser and now I'm dying again!
I love the english design elements. All of it is so happy and bright!

Rose M. Rodriguez said...

Hi Sherry, that beautiful entrance, as always! those dishes that you buy in tj max, are fabulously like you have been so good on your table. Greetings, Rose Marie

Debra@CommonGround said...

I'm just crazy nuts over this!! I'll be featuring you next week on VIF, thanks so much for linking up!
love ya,
Debra

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Ok, that tablecloth is over the top! I LOVE it. The dishes look so charming with it. I'm very much a lover of English things, esp. transferware! ;-)

Thanks for hosting!

Nancy

Savannah Granny said...

I too love Britain as well. Love your tablecloth. I am going back to see how you made it. I have off kilter this week and I am late to every party. Going to link up late. Thanks for hosting. Hugs, Ginger

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Love your tablecloth and your table setting. Coming from the UK I have quite a few UJ items in my home it is the in thing at the moment over here - thanks for sharing with us :) x

Beth said...

Sherry, This is a beautiful post! I visited London in 1998 and have wanted to go back ever since. It's a fabulous place. Have a great wknd, Sherry!
Blessings, Beth

Theresa said...

I am seriously in love with all things English as well and i adore those dishes. Thanks for hosting this party!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there- I love British accents too and that dresser is fantastic! I am visiting from my cellphone- so not really going to be able to link up but wanted to say thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

The Tablescaper said...

I too saw this set and had to have it as it so reminded me of Cath Kidston. I wish she still had a shop in the USA. I got a variation on the set. Most of my plates are square. One of these days I'll have to do a post with it. I'll be joining you at Home Sweet Home this Friday.

- The Tablescaper

Kimberly said...

O Wow! I ♥ Cath!!!! Fabulous job!