I have to totally credit Kat at Low Tide High Style for the tips on where to find these textures. I have been looking of textures for awhile now and these work wonderfully. The texture is anything you can scan and superimpose to the photo of your choice to get this effect. The French postcard was from Sophie G*'s Flicker Photostream.
Kat's post on textures is at the link above. She made her photos in Photoshop. I used Picasa. Picasa is a free download. Once you download and edit your desired photo here are your next steps:
- Hit the tab create a collage
- Choose picture collage
- Go to settings
- Where it says picture pile choose multiple exposure
- pick the two photos you want by choosing get clips
- if you have photos on the layout you don't want just hit reset
- and select all and then remove what you don't want as a group or you can remove each one individually by clicking on that photo on the layout and hitting remove
- When you get two images superimposed you hit create collage and you will have your texturized image
Kim Klassen provided this texture today and has a video on how to do textures. This texture was called Nature's Beauty and she has it free here. Kim also sells many textures and has a gallery of images. Check with the place you find textures and make sure you are free to create with them and what limits may apply to their use.
This was from Sophie G's photostream texture 011.