Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Glow in the Garden

Our crabapple has bloomed and it is a rare year that it feels more like May than April. With the spring transformation going on in the garden, I took full advantage of that by having a little table set up. (This is a re-post from 2010.)


Shabby Chic Garden Table: The Charm of Home
The sun will set soon but it is a beautiful night. Come and sit a while and let's enjoy the view.

Shabby Chic Garden Table: The Charm of Home
Romantic is the mood that is set. 

Shabby Chic Garden Table: The Charm of Home
I don't care for perfection. I like even my flowers to be losing petals and a little shabby.

Shabby Chic Garden Table: The Charm of Home
You can never have too many flowers....

Shabby Chic Garden Table: The Charm of Home
shells...

Shabby Chic Garden Table: The Charm of Home
or candles.

If you can invite some cherubs from the sea...all the better.

Shabby Chic Garden Table: The Charm of Home
Our sherbet is filled with strawberries and kiwi with a dessert wine sauce. Garnished with a mint leaf and a violet.

Shabby Chic Garden Table: The Charm of Home
The white porcelain dinner plates are from Walmart, the salad plates from the thrift store, and the sherbets also from the thrift store.

Shabby Chic Garden Table: The Charm of Home
The goblets are Longchamp by Cristal D'Arques from Macy's.

Shabby Chic Garden Table: The Charm of Home
The silver is English Gadroon by Gorham. 

Shabby Chic Garden Table: The Charm of Home
Walking to the table I picked a hyacinth and a few sprigs of rosemary for the lovely smell.

Shabby Chic Garden Table: The Charm of Home
The sun is about to set.

Shabby Chic Garden Table: The Charm of Home
Here comes the glow.

Shabby Chic Garden Table: The Charm of Home
Clear the dishes....

Shabby Chic Garden Table: The Charm of Home
and enjoy.  You can view this tablescape in my movie format also.




I will join the Summer Blog Party with this.  This entry goes to:
Summer Entertaining at No Minimalist Here. 

36 comments:

Ally said...

How pretty! I would love to sit here and enjoy the sunset!

Erin said...

So beautiful! I love the soft colors. I could sit out there all day!

a quiet life said...

very pretty table and setting~

René said...

Your table-scape is so pretty! I love the way the lighting changes and I really feel as though I am there as the sun goes down. Very nice.

Michelle @ between cottage and cabin said...

Gorgeous. You really achieved that romantic look.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This is so delicate and pretty -- love your pretty outdoor setting.

Julie said...

Lovely photos!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

This table drips with romantic sweetness! Oh, it creates such a comfortable yet elegant feel. I love everything. You have a wonderul eye for putting everything together. Love the flowers!
Very special table!
Yvonne

All The Pretty Dishes said...

Very beautiful, so soft and soothing to look at.

Beth said...

What a beautiful table! Your photography is exquisite!
Beth

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

What a perfect garden table! Gorgeous! I love the small thrift store plates ... what a great find!
Bella

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Sherry,
because the time difference I come little bit late to visit you.
That looks so romantic. I adore roses in any form and love your little plates. All togehter is no nice.

Greetings, Johanna

Creations By Cindy said...

The garden table is so pretty! Love those pretty fancy plates. Be blessed. cindy

Marigene said...

What a beautifully set table...the little dessert plates are so pretty.

Southern Lady said...

I love your tablescape. I have the exact same tablecloth that I purchased on sale at a Home Goods store. Your video is a very nice touch to your blog. Carla

Tricia said...

Oh! This is so lovely and inviting! LOVE those full-blown roses, and they look great with the floral salad plates and sherbet glasses. The pink beverage looks so pretty in the crystal stemware! Gorgeous photography, too!

Cindy - Your Decorating Hotline said...

Your flowers are so beautiful. I loved to be sipping ice tea at that table!

Atticmag said...

Just as pretty, if not prettier, at second glanace. Hope you'll stop by. -- Jane F.

chris said...

What time did you say I should be there?

:) Beautiful.

Lia at Petite Little Bee said...

This is absolutely exquisite!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh, my goodness! what beauty! I want to come live in your backyard and sit and have tea at your table:)



here's a rose for you
@-}---

Carolyn said...

I really enjoyed your post-everything is so beautiful.I love the salad plates and the beautiful bouquet(great photography).
I am looking forward to lunch in the garden but after some lovely warm days it has turned cool again so I have to be patient!

Carolyn

CIELO said...

This is very pretty... and romantic! I just love it! Would love to have our link listed here! ;)

Happy weekend, and come back to the house in the roses on Monday for "Show Off Your Cottage Monday"... we have something special to show off...

cielo

Diann said...

This is a really lovely table! Everything so pretty!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

This is so lovely and feminine! I adore the flowers ans shells...two of my favorite things! Your dishes are gorgeous and the setting is magical! Can you tell I love it?!

Enjoy!
Cathy

A 2 Z said...

The setting and the food is yummy! I also love the flowers. Beautiful post and blog!

Anne-Marie

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh soooo pretty!

Warm blessings,
Spencer

No name said...

Who is this music by? I love the compilation of classical with jazzy beats and the video was a nice addition to your post.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sherry...

Ohhh my...what an absolutely gorgeous table...and soo very romantic! I do believe that you have the perfect place for a little outdoor dining, my friend! Not to mention, that beautiful flowering crab apple tree for a background! It's all sooo perfect and sooo pretty! I really enjoyed all of your fresh floral bouquets...the pink roses are just gorgeous! Well sweet lady, thank you so much for sharing this fabulous table with us for Sunday Favorites this week...it was a real treat!!!

I'm sorry for being late...we were out of town Sunday!

Have a wonderful day, Sherry!
Chari @Happy To Design

The Tablescaper said...

So serene and peaceful. Just lovely. I'd love to sit and linger.

- The Tablescaper

Debbiedoos said...

Very beautiful Sherry. I love the fruit cup shots, and pretty dishes.

very merry vintage style said...

Beautiful! That first picture is amazing with the sunlight coming down on your pretty table. Stop by and link up if you have time!
Mary

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love to sit and watch the sunset and these is just awesome! The first picture is wonderful to see the light streaming on to your table, just great! Your flowers and shells are so beautiful, you've done a stunning setting, really gorgeous! Lots of hugs. FABBY

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

I love this romantic setting you have created Sherry. Everything looks so soothing and relaxing. I love the the colors... from the soft blush of the pink roses to the gentle hues of the delicate shells and candles... everything is sooo endearing... I've been loving this post all day. Thanks for sharing and for hosting the home sweet home party for us each week.I always love your beautiful posts and your photography is always so wonderful. Have a wonderful weekend!~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Arabella said...

It is so fabulous - I always love the look of seashells, starfish and flowers together.

I'm visiting from the Blog Block Party - hope you can come over and say hi. We're having a Beach Glass Earrings giveaway if you're interested :O)

Patios clotures said...

Amazing and perfect garden table! It creates such a comfortable feel. I really enjoyed the post and everything is so beautiful.
patio deck